Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • I have been extremely impressed with the Weiman Granite cleaner, so decided to give their stainless steel cleaner a go
  • However, notwithstanding that this stainless steel cleaner claims to leave a streak free finish, I found that no matter how I wiped or rubbed, I was left with this giant streaks across the whole appliance
  • I thought perhaps that this was an evaporation issue and that I needed to leave it to dry
  • Unfortunately I am experiencing the same results no matter which appliance, which type of stainless steel or which method of application I used
  • Given how pleased I am with the granite spray cleaner, I must say I am very disappointed by this stainless steel cleaner

• by npz

After buying a new house which has all stainless steel appliances, I realized that I needed something to clean the front of all of these appliances. They never get really dirty or mucky, but they do seem to get fingerprints or wet hand marks occasionally, which do not immediately come off when wiping with a standard sponge or cloth.

I looked at a lot of different stainless steel cleaners. I have been extremely impressed with the Weiman Granite cleaner, so decided to give their stainless steel cleaner a go. In terms of availability, this for me was a huge advantage. It seems to be sold everywhere, and this means that I can pick it up in the grocery store when doing my normal weekly shopping. As to price, it is not cheap. It is certainly not prohibitively expensive, but for the price, more than standard cleaners for less volume of liquid, I

was certainly expecting excellent performance.

Before using, I read the instructions carefully, and followed them to the letter. When I sprayed the stainless steel cleaner, my first impression was that it had an almost creamy consistency. It was a milky white in color, and very very liquid. On an appliance which has a stainless steel front, this meant that the liquid immediately ran down the front as if it were water. I then wiped in the direction of the stainless steel grain, again as directed, and expected to see the stainless steel clean and shiny again.

On the positive side, this cleaner did get rid of the marks and fingerprints that were on the stainless steel and which were the reason for cleaning it. However, notwithstanding that this stainless steel cleaner claims to leave a streak free finish, I found that no matter how I wiped or rubbed, I was left with this giant ...

• streaks across the whole appliance. In addition, the first time I tried it, I used it on one half of the appliance only to see the comparison with the “uncleaned” side. What was absolutely clear as a result of this experiment was that the “cleaned” side had streaks, wipe marks and dark patches whereas the “uncleaned” side was a uniform color across the whole area, there were no wipe marks and no streaks at all.

I thought perhaps that this was an evaporation issue and that I needed to leave it to dry. I left the appliance with its streaks and walked away. When I came back, to my disappointment, the streaks were still there, so were the dark patches and the obvious wipe marks where I had wiped the cleaning product from the front of the appliances.

I have tried using this a few times now on different appliances and different types of stainless

steel. Unfortunately I am experiencing the same results no matter which appliance, which type of stainless steel or which method of application I used. Although I followed the cleaning instructions to the letter, I also experimented with different cloths, different ways of spraying and different ways of cleaning, but all had the same result. I tried wiping and rubbing in the direction of the metal grain, and then tried it against the direction of the metal grain – again, the results were the same.

Given how pleased I am with the granite spray cleaner, I must say I am very disappointed by this stainless steel cleaner. I really expected so much more from the Weiman company, and on this occasion, they have simply not delivered.

I would not buy this again. Since trying this, I have actually discovered that Windex does a much better job and is much cheaper than the Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330041078790630/k2311a0430/4.30.10