The Bella Lugosi Collection dvd
  • Bela Lugosi movies are some of my favourite classical horror films
  • However, recently I found out about a dvd called the Bela Lugosi Collection dvd, which had some of his movies such as The Raven , Murders in the Rue Morgue , The INvisible Ray , Black Friday , Murders in the Rue Morgue and The Black Cat
  • However, one thing I noticed after going through these dvds is that the picture was not all that great as I expected, even though it was not horrible at the same time
  • I'm not sure if anyone else had a problem with the sound either, since I found that it sometimes faded out
  • I would recommend this set to Bella Lugosi fans, if it wasn't for the bad quality that I experienced with the film

• by Redtape

Bela Lugosi movies are some of my favourite classical horror films. I got interested in them a few years ago along with a few other classical horror, suspense and science fiction films, but I was not able to find a suitable dvd which had a collection of some of the Bela Lugosi movies. However, recently I found out about a dvd called the Bela Lugosi Collection dvd, which had some of his movies such as “The Raven”, “Murders in the Rue Morgue”, “The INvisible Ray”, “Black Friday”, “Murders in the Rue Morgue” and “The Black Cat”.

All

of those films are from the nineteen thirties and forties after Bela Lugosi became famous for his role as Dracula, and I was looking forward to seeing each of the movies in good condition with good sound and picture. However, one thing I noticed after going through these dvds is that the picture was not all that great as I expected, even though it was not horrible at the same time. I’m not sure if anyone else had a problem with the sound either, since I found that it sometimes faded out.

One bonus I think came ...

• with the DVD package is the extras, which were the old trailers for the movies. I’ve read a few reviews where people said that they had a problem with them, but I didn’t see a problem with it at all a part from the quality of it.

As for the movies, “Murders in Rue Morgue” was actually a mystery and drama movie about how women were murdered to be used in experiments. “The Black Cat” is another mystery which is about a couple who stays with a very mysterious man after they get into an accident. Strange

things happen at his mysterious mansion, and they try to solve the mystery. I didn’t see the movie “The Raven” until I got the dvd, but it reminded me of a modern movie I had seen some time ago starring Nicholas Cage and John Travolta since “The Raven” was about a man who takes a face change operation. The other two movies are pretty good, but have the same problem with the quality of the film.

I would recommend this set to Bella Lugosi fans, if it wasn’t for the bad quality that I experienced with the film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130041078780630/k2311a0430/4.30.10