The Co operative Cornflakes  » Food  »
  • When I saw this big bag of cornflakes (500g) for only 48 pence I thought it was a bargain
  • I have been having a big bowl of this for breakfast every morning since and I think they taste great
  • I prefer lukewarm milk on my breakfast cereal and I usually use honey as a sweetener rather than white sugar
  • I like finding a bargain without compromising too much on quality, so I would recommend you try these, especially if you are on a budget

• by jeanne71

These cornflakes are from The Co-operative’s own brand, called ‘Simply Value’. When I saw this big bag of cornflakes (500g) for only 48 pence I thought it was a bargain. I have been having a big bowl of this for breakfast every morning since and I think they taste great. I cannot honestly tell much difference between these very economical cornflakes and the

more expensive well-known brands. These are a little more pale in colour perhaps, but they are just as crunchy and tasty.

I prefer lukewarm milk on my breakfast cereal and I usually use honey as a sweetener rather than white sugar. There is added sugar with these cornflakes and I think most of them have added sugar, but I still need to add more sweetness.

• Honey is much better for you whereas white sugar goes straight to your spare tyre. This is a healthy cereal, high in Folic Acid, various B vitamins and vitamin E.

I think it gives me a good start to the day and at only 48 pence, this big bag is lasting me well. I like finding a bargain without compromising too much

on quality, so I would recommend you try these, especially if you are on a budget. They are filling and keep hunger pangs at bay until lunchtime. As I say, they are in a bag rather than a box, so I empty them into a big storage jar and use them like that. That way, no-one need know that I am eating economy cornflakes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730041078520630/k2311a0430/4.30.10