The Co operative Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup
  • The Co-operative's own brand 'Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup' is my favourite soup at the moment
  • Although it is very cheap at only about 50 pence per can, I think it is lovely
  • This is a lovely filling soup that I would wholly recommend you try

• by jeanne71

The Co-operative’s own brand ‘Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup’ is my favourite soup at the moment. Although it is very cheap at only about 50 pence per can, I think it is lovely.

I usually only buy tomato soup but I wanted to find something a bit more substantial and filling so I tried this one.

It contains small pieces of vegetable - peas, carrots, potato etc - and these sit in a very

thick and creamygolden’ coloured broth.

For convenience, I heat it up in the microwave, checking it and stirring it at intervals, for a couple of minutes or so, until it is piping hot but not boiling.

Straight from the can it plops out in a thick consistency like condensed soup and when heated it smooths out and becomes a tasty, thick soup.

I add plenty of white pepper which brings the flavour ...

• out well, making sure I add it gradually so as not to overdo it.

I only have half a can at a time for myself and, together with a crusty roll and some butter, this makes a really satisfying light meal.

So do not let the cheap price put you off trying this soup as it is really tasty.

Like a lot of us, I find it difficult to get as many vegetables

in my diet as we are supposed to and I am trying to increase my fluid intake as well.

This soup is a tasty way of helping with that.

Also, it is low in saturated fat (bad fat) and contains only 85 calories per half can, which is pretty low.

It does not taste as though it is low fat.

This is a lovely filling soup that I would wholly recommend you try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730041078510630/k2311a0430/4.30.10