Tots in Mind - Crib Tent II  » Baby care  »
  • What I like about this crib tent is that once you install it on to the crib, you can leave it on
  • I would recommend it to anyone who has a baby that is climbing out of their crib, but that is not quite old enough for a toddler bed
  • I think it was worth the $60 I paid for it

• by mariekay

I have a day care in my home, and two of the kids I watch during the day are babies. One is 7 months old and one is just over a year old. Recently, the 1 year old began climbing out of his crib. He also likes to throw things out of the crib such as toys, bottles, and pacifier. Nap time was becoming exhausting for me because I couldn’t figure out how to keep him in his crib. I was worried about him climbing out, and that he would get hurt. So, I shopped around and found this crib tent and decided to give it a try.

The crib tent is a white mesh material that fits over most standard cribs. The white, simple design

makes it an attractive addition to the crib. The tent has a high canopy-type top that allows baby to still stand up, but not to climb out. The tent pulls down over the sides of the crib, too, making it sturdy and secure once it’s up. I found it at Walmart for about $60. For me, this was a good purchase. It did take the baby a couple times to get used to it. At first he didn’t like it, and cried when I put it on. I slowly got him accustomed to it though, and now he sleeps fine with the tent on, and no more climbing out or throwing his toys out of the crib.

The crib tent also comes in handy for those who ...

• have pets that like to climb into the crib. We have a cat that was curious and ended up in the crib one time. I have since made sure the cat was out of the room when baby is in the crib, but for those who have curious cats, this product will keep them out also. The canopy part is really sturdy, and the cat wouldn’t be able to get through it.

What I like about this crib tent is that once you install it on to the crib, you can leave it on. You don’t need to take the whole thing off to put baby in or take him out. There is a front “door” on the top that zips and unzips to place baby in the crib

at nap time, and then remove the baby when it’s time to get up. The zipper is on the outside, so there is no way for the baby to get at it and try to unzip it. The product is all one piece and has a simple design that doesn’t tempt the baby to mess with it.

I am really glad I purchased this product for the baby crib. It’s great for keeping baby safely in the crib. I would recommend it to anyone who has a baby that is climbing out of their crib, but that is not quite old enough for a toddler bed. This is a great solution for those in-between ages. I think it was worth the $60 I paid for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5430041078360630/k2311a0430/4.30.10