Comb-A-Color Quick Haircolor Applicator  » Cosmetics  »
  • So, when I saw this product I thought it was a great idea and I purchased it
  • I noticed that the coverage I got was better than usual, too
  • Overall, I really like this product and I think it's helpful in the hair coloring process
  • I would recommend this product to anyone who colors their hair at home and wants an alternative to using the regular nozzle
  • I paid about $5 for this product and have found it to be a good value and a great product, especially for root touch-ups and hard to reach areas of the hair

• by mariekay

I have been coloring my hair for years, I naturally have brown hair, but I color it blonde. I have to touch up my roots about every 3-4 weeks since the color difference between my colored hair and my natural hair is quite obvious, plus I am beginning to get some grays. I have never liked the applicator bottles that come with the at-home hair color kits. They make root touch-ups a hassle and they are difficult to work through the hair. So, when I saw this product I thought it was a great idea and I purchased it.

This product is a bottle that has a comb-type thing attached to it. To use it, you just mix your hair color as you usually do, then you

pour the mixture into the comb/bottle. To apply it, you turn in upside down so the comb part is touching your roots, then you squeeze the bottle and the hair color dispenses through the comb part, so you can apply and comb through at the same time. The first time I used this product, I loved it. It made the hair color application process easier. It did take some practice to get used to how much pressure to apply to dispense the product correctly, but once I mastered that, it was a cinch. I could apply the hair color and comb it through in one step. I noticed that the coverage I got was better than usual, too.

The thing I didn’t like so much ...

• about this product was that it was very difficult to clean. The first time I used it, I made the mistake of waiting too long to clean it out and some of the product had dried into the comb. You have to remember to clean it right away after you use it, and you need to use very hot water to get it clean. I had to soak it for a long time to get it to totally come clean the first time. Now I clean it immediately after I use it, and it still takes some work, but it’s easier than if you let it sit too long.

Overall, I really like this product and I think it’s helpful in the hair coloring process. I

have found that the comb top actually fits right on to some hair color bottles, so that way there is no need to pour the mixture from one bottle to another. This product has made coloring my hair quicker and easier and I get better results than just using the nozzle on the bottle.

I would recommend this product to anyone who colors their hair at home and wants an alternative to using the regular nozzle. I paid about $5 for this product and have found it to be a good value and a great product, especially for root touch-ups and hard to reach areas of the hair. Just a couple points off for the difficulty of cleaning. Other than that - excellent.

Comb-A-Color Quick Haircolor Applicator

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130041078300630/k2311a0430/4.30.10