Flameless LED Pillar Candles From The Dollar Tree, Distributed By Greenbrier International Inc.  » Housewares  »
  • So, I believe despite their small size, they actually provide as much light as the ones that I have that are four times the size
  • Also, I found the flicker effect to be every bit as realistic as the more expensive, albeit larger battery operated candles I own
  • Now,I did notice that unfortunately they do take one of those funny little round batteries that I find hard to shop for
  • I like to be as creative as I can with how I use my candles so that’s a major plus for me

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

It seems that I can never have enough flameless candles. Last time I was at my local Dollar Tree I came across these battery operated LED pillar candles when I was shopping for home fragrance. I immediately fell in love with their cute little 2 by 2 inch size. I also loved that they were real wax. I always prefer those. And I was happy to find them in white. On the whole the colored wax ones don’t do it for me, because they don’t provide enough light. The way they were packaged I was able to actually try them in the store. They had a really nice warm romantic glow,

and even in the ghastly florescent light of the store I just knew these were going to be good.

When I got them home, I liked them even better than in the store. I guess because they’re so small the glow is more intense and more even than some of the larger flameless pillar candles I own. I mean the entire thing lights up, whereas with most of my larger ones only the top half glows. So, I believe despite their small size, they actually provide as much light as the ones that I have that are four times the size. Also, I found the flicker effect to be every bit as ...

• realistic as the more expensive, albeit larger battery operated candles I own.

Now,I did notice that unfortunately they do take one of those funny little round batteries that I find hard to shop for. I always seem to mess up and get the wrong ones. My larger flameless candles always take AA or AAA batteries, so it’s a no brainer to change them out.

At only a dollar though I feel it’s worth it to hunt down replacement batteries for these cute little candles. I always think flameless candles look their most natural when you mix up the sizes. Happily I don’t have any quite like them, so they’re rounding out my

collection nicely. At the same time, they look perfectly at home next to my other flameless candles. And they’re so small and lightweight that I can easily tuck them into places that my larger candles won’t fit into such as glass vases and jars. I like to be as creative as I can with how I use my candles so that’s a major plus for me. The only real downside to these candles is that Dollar Tree items from these generic distributors disappear quickly and forever so if I’m smart I’ll stock up before they’re all gone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330041078080530/k2311a0430/4.30.10