Moulinex Genius 2000 Food Processor L21  » Housewares  »
  • At any rate, the machine will not even run when the lid is not properly in place which is actually a good security feature to avoid monumental spills
  • The best feature of this processor is that it can make the most wonderful maitre de beurre (garlic butter)

• by bethbarl

I got this processor to help me in cooking as it has so many uses and functions from cutting, chopping, liquefying to grinding. It has also so many accessories from being a blender, juice extractor to even making a pizza dough.

My first complaint is that the machine itself is heavy (which gives it stability though as the rubberized feet are firmly planted on whatever surface it is on),it is impractical to move it around the kitchen just to find a corner for it. It is also bulky which makes it difficult for me to find space for it in my tiny kitchen. To its credit, however, it comes with a container which looks like a bread bin where all the accessories can be stored when not in use. But again, the processor + the bread bin with accessories already take up a lot of space in my kitchen cupboard.

Sometimes, I get the feeling that this machine is all about appearances and not performance.

I have tried its many functions although I usually use this processor to make soups. It does not really liquefy things well and often, I see lumps of potatoes still in the soups I make. It is also complicated to attach the bowl to the machine which has an even more complicated lid – there is no other way to fit it in but to put the cover in the right slots, twist and then turn on the machine. At any rate, the machine will not even run when the lid is not properly in place which is actually a good security feature to avoid monumental spills.

But, using the machine is easy. It has a small LCD screen, the yellow button is to switch it on and there is also the option of using ...

• the turbo speed which can be regulated using the + or – buttons. The pulse function is also useful for delicate things such as adding the final touches to a soufflé, mayonnaise or sauces.

The best feature of this processor is that it can make the most wonderful maitre de beurre (garlic butter). Of all the processors I have ever owned in the past or still have, this is the only machine which makes this recipe the easiest to do. This is the biggest asset of this machine. I attach a smaller mixer within the bigger mixing bowl. The garlic, butter and parsley are so well blended that all I had to do was dump these ingredients and turn on the machine for less than 8 minutes. For this reason alone, I would not give up this machine.

Otherwise, the rest of its processing capabilities are ranging from substandard to average. As

I mentioned earlier, soups are not well liquefied, juice pressing capability is not good (I’m better off pressing it manually than using this machine); dough making is also not the best (the ingredients are not well blended).

Another complaint is of course the tons of washing to do as I could not put all the parts in the dishwasher. The bowl and jug alone would already use a lot of space in the machine. And, if I am just making small batch of processed food, then I am better off using a smaller machine (like my Kitchen Aid blender) than the Moulinex.

I paid about € 120 for this machine. I actually found it expensive and maybe not really worth every function it proclaims to be capable of. I would not buy it again given a second chance. Like I expressed, I would only keep it for its little processor.

Pegy Amargianos says :

I am looking for a WHISK ATTACHMENT for the MOULINEX GENIUS 2000. Where can I find one?

John says :

Pegy, I always contact the manufacturer directly to purchase individual parts. However, you can also purchase it from third-party websites. Here’s a link to a website that has it:

Pegy Amargianos says :

Thank you for the immediate answer. I have already contacted the manufacturer found the part I am looking for. Unfortunately, I have lost the part which holds the WHISK ATTACHMENT (which cannot be found nowhere, due to the fact that the Model of the Moulinex I have is very old).
    Anyway it was worth to try…

Moulinex Genius 2000 type L21 says :

I am looking for the user manual of the kitchen-robot Moulinex Genius 2000. Where can I found this manual over internet? Thanks. Roberto

bethbarl replies :

If you search on the net, there is one site which has the manual but it is a paying one . I still have my manual and if you need some help with some of its features, I can look it up for you. Thanks.

Yilian says :

Hi, I cannot seem to find the manual anywhere. Would you mind telling me which site has the paying one? Thank you very much

Jana Holtzhauzen says :

re : The best feature of this processor is that it can make the most wonderful maitre de beurre (garlic butter)
    Please pretty please can I have a copy of the manual in English I was blessed with the processor as a gift but there are no manual.I will truly appreciate the kind gesture.I Google and you tube was busy now for two hours and finely found you.

Jana Holtzhauzen says :

Hi thank you so much I appreciate that you will share the manual with me

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330041078000530/k2311a0430/4.30.10