Optique Moitzheim (Moitzheim Optical)
8, Rue Philippe II, Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
  • I decided to wait until I could go to my regular optician which is Moitzheim even though I was not sure that I could actually get a flight with all the cancellations that were made
  • Moitzheim which is in Luxembourg city has a convenient location for me
  • To avoid doing several trips to town when I picked up my lenses, I also brought in my eyeglasses for cleaning and adjustment
  • This service is offered for free since I bought the frames and had them made in this optical center
  • I will continue to use Moitzheim for my future eye care needs because of the above reasons and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is passing by in Luxembourg and finds himself/herself with optical needs (eyeglass repair, adjustment, contact lenses and related products)

• by bethbarl

I was down to my last pair of contact lenses when I was still in Gaborone. The airport closure across Europe affected my flight and I had to wait a week before I could actually go home. I also tried to get my lenses while in Gaborone by going to Eye Express only to be told that the left lens which is a special kind (torric) would have to be ordered and that they would arrive after 3 weeks. I decided to wait until I could go to my regular optician which is Moitzheim even though I was not sure that I could actually get a flight with all the cancellations that were made.

Moitzheim which is in Luxembourg city has a convenient location

for me. There is a bus line (10, 11, 290) which goes to city if I do not want to drive up because parking is such a nightmare. There are qualified opticians in this center but they are not going to make your eyeglasses or contact lenses unless you have seen an ophthalmologist first. The opticians are there just to make sure that the right glasses or contact lenses are fitted for you.

For emergency cases, they can refer you to several ophtalmologists which they work with. But, as I am experiencing now, it takes at least 1 month before an appointment can be arranged with an ophthalmologist and this is not an exception. Seeing a doctor here in Luxembourg is like booking

a hotel room during the high season. It has to be reserved way in advance, sometimes up to 6 months.

Luckily for me, I did not need a new prescription from the ophthalmologist and the center still has my records since I have been using them now since 7 years (my prescription strength has not changed). All I had to do was pick up the phone (222256) and put in my order for a year’s supply of contact lenses. My torric lenses have to be ordered still but this only took 2 days (I got them yesterday). In the meantime, they also offered a temporary set of lenses for free which I could use while waiting for mine to arrive. I was quite grateful ...

• Optique Moitzheim (Moitzheim Optical)
      for that as I feel more comfortable wearing my contacts over my eyeglasses.

To avoid doing several trips to town when I picked up my lenses, I also brought in my eyeglasses for cleaning and adjustment. This service is offered for free since I bought the frames and had them made in this optical center. A pair of prescription eyeglasses cost me € 250 – 300 while a year’s supply of Bausch and Lomb contact lenses cost € 198. Cleaning solutions can range between €8 for a small bottle while a big one costs € 10. I find them expensive but essential for my eye care needs.

I prefer going to Moitzheim because in addition to its good location, the service is quick and

even if I have to wait for the lens orders to arrive, they usually do within a reasonable waiting period. The staff immediately calls me when my eyeglasses or contact lenses are ready for pick-up. In addition, the staff are polite, friendly and are all alert whenever a client comes in to the center. I receive assistance instantly, no need to wait, browse (they have a good selection of eyeglass frames) around while waiting for someone to attend to me.

I will continue to use Moitzheim for my future eye care needs because of the above reasons and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is passing by in Luxembourg and finds himself/herself with optical needs (eyeglass repair, adjustment, contact lenses and related products).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430041077980530/k2311a0430/4.30.10