Bosch Built-in Combined Refrigerator and Freezer KIM2602101
  • I never experienced any problem since this fridge was installed in my kitchen
  • I like this fridge because of its huge capacity
  • Bosch definitely is a brand name which is synonymous to good performance and durability

• by bethbarl

When the kitchen in my home was remodelled in 1994, the works were subcontracted to a company. Depending on the client’s choice of brands, the basic appliances (stove, fridge, dishwasher and oven) are included in the price of building or renovating any kitchen. My husband chose Bosch as it is a reputable brand. The first refrigerator fitted by the company (Quelle) did not really work and was actually defective (it broke down 3 days after installation). It was replaced by the Bosch built-in combined refrigerator and freezer. I never experienced any problem since this fridge was installed in my kitchen.

It is

a huge fridge with a total gross capacity of 265 liters and a total used capacity of 244 liters. It is classified as an SN, N type of refrigerator which in layman’s terms means that it is energy efficient and environment friendly.

I like this fridge because of its huge capacity. It has lots of space for things that I would actually need on hand in the kitchen for cooking or just snacking. There are 3 freezer compartments at the bottom which has enough room for all my freezing needs. I like that it even has a built-in thermometer inside the

freezer and I would always know when the temperature is still suitable for freezing foodstuffs.

The refrigerator is also very roomy with the usual collapsible shelves and compartments which I can adapt to the size of the contents I desire to put in the fridge. The fridge itself is also very easy to clean and although this is not a no defrost fridge, ice build up is minimal.

This fridge is nearly perfect for keeping things well refrigerated and to freeze those that need freezing. Despite constant use, the rubberized seals on the door of fridge have not lost their suction. The ...

• Bosch Built-in Combined Refrigerator and Freezer KIM2602101
      doors always close well and therefore, cooling insulation is very good. I do not lose a lot of energy despite constant opening of doors to take and put things inside the fridge and the freezer compartments.

Moreover, this refrigerator is meant as a built-in fridge and therefore, it really blends well in my kitchen. It is cleverly hidden in the corner of the kitchen with wooden doors attached to the fridge itself. In fact, a first time visitor to my home would always wonder where the fridge is as it looks like it is part of the kitchen cupboards and drawers.

I have

used already several Bosch products in my lifetime and this fridge is another one which I can say is a good performing and durable machine as my family has it now for nearly 16 years. Not once has it broken down nor showed any slightest sign of malfunctioning. It gives an excellent cooling capacity, is noiseless, has enough room for all the things that need to be conserved and kept fresh. Bosch definitely is a brand name which is synonymous to good performance and durability. I would not have second thoughts putting this brand on my list of appliances and machines.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630041077940530/k2311a0430/4.30.10