Hewlett Packard Special Edition Entertainment PC DV 2500 (Laptop)  » Laptops  »
1.5
  • This computer is a great looking computer, one that I like to carry around, open up and enjoy anywhere
  • It came with Windows Vista, which wasn’t a great operating system, but what made me not use this computer anymore was a heating problem
  • We do occasionally hook it up to an large TV and use it, but overall, the entire experience has been upsetting

• by Marty Raaymakers

This computer is a great looking computer, one that I like to carry around, open up and enjoy anywhere. It is one sharp computer.

The keyboard action is great. The keys felt good under my fingers; it’s easy to type on and not overly noisy, The mouse area worked great. I liked the right and left buttons. They were good to click on, not hard and not soft.

It has a Lightscribe DVD/CD burner. I

fell in love with this feature. No longer did my CD/DVD stash look nasty. The titles and contents were easily readable. It did take some time to do them, but I felt it was worth it.

It came with Windows Vista, which wasn’t a great operating system, but what made me not use this computer anymore was a heating problem. This laptop ran hot. It consistently ran hot. When I tried to upgrade ...

• the RAM so I could better do video editing, it ran hotter.

I started having problems with the display due to heat. I could use it attached to an external monitor, but using the attached screen was terrible. Lines everywhere. When I took this laptop in to be fixed, the man told me that he would be glad to put another screen on it, but had had to replace several of the screens

because the heat problem would eventually cause the screen to burn out.

I buy laptops because I do presentations. It is no longer useful to me for that purpose. I lost my confidence in this brand. We do occasionally hook it up to an large TV and use it, but overall, the entire experience has been upsetting. What a waste of time and money.

It was $699 in Best Buy in 2008.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6330041077560430/k2311a0430/4.30.10