Panasonic Automatic Telephone Answering System KX-T1450  » Electronics  »
  • I like that this machine is really easy to use
  • It is always practical to have this feature programmed and activated to avoid people waiting for the phone to be picked up

• by bethbarl

I actually dislike having an answering machine but I am beginning to recognize its value as a practical device to receive and retrieve messages when I cannot get to the phone or whenever I am on prolonged absence.

My husband got this answering machine for € 25. This is quite easy to set up by connecting the phone jack to the machine. The OGM (outgoing message) and the ICM (standard tape) must first be inserted in the machine before connecting the device to the electricity.

I like that this machine is really easy to use. Except for recording a standard greeting for unanswered calls, everything is easy to use. When the machine is switched on, the device automatically picks up the phone and starts receiving messages in the ICM tape. It is always practical to have this feature programmed and activated

to avoid people waiting for the phone to be picked up. To achieve this, I shortened the number of rings to 4 which means that if I am not home anyway, then the caller knows immediately that I cannot get to the phone. I also dislike it when I am calling people and the phone rings about 10 times only to be greeted by an answering machine so in fact I’m doing my callers a favour by shortening their waiting time.

In addition to all these features, it is also possible to check my messages while I am away from the house just by using another device and a special code number. It is also possible to hear just the newly recorded messages without having to go through all the previous recordings. It can also record my own message or change the outgoing ...

• message to callers remotely but I have not done this for security reasons in addition to setting or cancelling the answer mode.

The sound quality of recorded messages (both incoming and outgoing) is not bad. It is quite clear, audible without being too loud. At any rate, it is possible to also regulate the volume during playback or increase it when I feel that just about every machine in the house is making a noise when I am desperately trying to listen to my messages. The tape also automatically rewinds when I have listened to all the messages and I can delete them all with just one button or keep some as I wish.

There are features though which are lacking in this machine. For one, I have no clue at all when the messages were recorded. The time is not so important as I

do not really have urgent calls which need to be attended to. But, it would be great to know which date the machine recorded the message. It has also no caller ID but that’s all right as I do not really get solicitation calls. Sometimes a message or 2 might go astray but all the messages recorded were from friends who know that we are away for the most part of the year.

In conclusion, this is a basic machine which has the most important features of an answering machine - that of picking up calls and recording messages. While other features may be attractive, I do not mind having just the basics for my needs. This machine is easy to use and has served me for many years now. I would not have second thoughts buying the same brand if I ever need another answering machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630041077370430/k2311a0430/4.30.10