Canon Fax-B150 Bubble Jet Facsimile  » Electronics  »
  • The machine itself is light so there is no problem shifting it around the house
  • With this system, I did not experience any paper jams and all the documents I received were intact – no shortened or missing pages
  • I would not hesitate to recommend Canon as a reliable and trustworthy brand to buy on the next occasion that I need another machine though I do not think it will be anytime soon

• by bethbarl

Having a facsimile machine in the house is always a plus. Even with the dawn of the email, the scanner and all machines which make communications easier, not everyone has the same equipment. Some people find it too bothersome to scan and send an email for documents. In the end, using the fax machine for this purpose is another alternative. It was for this reason that we got this fax machine in the house.

It was bought for € 250. The machine itself is light so there is no problem shifting it around the house. It is also small enough to be put on the table without using up too much space. At any rate, it needs to be connected to a phone line to get it working. This process of connecting the machine to a phone line and an answering machine is not too difficult to do. I just put on a switch which would convert the mode

of the machine.

For example, if no one is at home then the answering machine picks up messages for unanswered calls. If someone wants to send me a fax, then the machine automatically detects the type of incoming call and would switch to the fax mode. I just don’t pick up the call when I am forewarned that I would receive a fax. In this regard, there is no need to allocate a separate phone line to accommodate the fax machine (it has also its own phone which can be used).

Sending an outgoing fax is likewise uncomplicated by just feeding the document in the tray, dialling the number on the control panel of the machine and hitting the send button. There are also numerous other functions on the machine like storing numbers for automatic dialling or with just the touch of the button but I did not bother exploring these. For me, it was enough that I could ...

• send documents without a problem and that I get a confirmation receipt at the end of each transmission.

This machine also doubles as a copier which I find practical for 3-5 pages which need to be copied. It works the same as sending a fax and instead of hitting the send button, the copy button should be used.

Unlike older models of facsimile machines which use continuous paper, this one uses A4 paper which is easy to load. It is located behind the machine. With this system, I did not experience any paper jams and all the documents I received were intact – no shortened or missing pages.

This machine is also very durable and requires little maintenance. I changed the toner once since it was bought. The documents which come out are clear and not streaked. The toner is good for printing at least a 1000 pages with the tray able to hold at least 100 pages of A4

paper. Printing is not so slow and the transmission speed is about 2 pages per minute which is not so bad. The memory can hold about 21 pages in its memory which is an essential feature whenever the paper runs out in the machine. I can always retrieve the fax which was received by activating this button. There is also a small LCD screen which can hold up to 16 characters in view which is practical for verifying if I dialled the right numbers.

All in all, I find this machine to be a good purchase. It is easy to use, requires little maintenance except for loading the paper in the tray. I would not hesitate to recommend Canon as a reliable and trustworthy brand to buy on the next occasion that I need another machine though I do not think it will be anytime soon. This one will probably still last and serve my needs for many years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630041077360430/k2311a0430/4.30.10