Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Upright  » Housewares  »
  • I thought that the better vacuums (more expensive) would last longer
  • So after realizing that my last vacuum was just not doing the job, I decided to replace it with a cheaper model this time
  • I bought the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Upright
  • I found that it picked up the dirt and cat hair very well and left my carpet as clean as I would have hoped
  • You can certainly pay more and get a more powerful vacuum with more bells and whistles, but to me the cost and the expected lifespan just didn't make sense

• by Joe Lipke

It seems that whatever vacuum cleaner I buy quits working correctly in just a few years. I thought that the better vacuums (more expensive) would last longer. This just doesn’t seem to be the case. So after realizing that my last vacuum was just not doing the job, I decided to replace it with a cheaper model this

time.

I bought the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Upright. This vacuum sells for $59.99 and it was even on sale for $5.00 less. I really didn’t expect it to do a great job, but I was pleasantly surprised.

This 12 amp vacuum is very lightweight and has a slightly narrower bottom. It has a hose that is permanently attached ...

• and comes with the usual extensions and cleaning tools. It’s a little quieter than vacuums I’ve had in the past, which is nice. I found that it picked up the dirt and cat hair very well and left my carpet as clean as I would have hoped. The removable canister is very easy to clean out.

I have

only used this vacuum a few times but I am quite pleased with the results and feel that it will hold up as long as the others I’ve had in the past.

You can certainly pay more and get a more powerful vacuum with more bells and whistles, but to me the cost and the expected lifespan just didn’t make sense.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330041077330430/k2311a0430/4.30.10