Decorative Plastic Fly Swatter  » Other  »
  • I found this peculiar swatter at the Dollar Tree for a dollar, and I've got to say that I was amused at its purpose
  • They had other colors too, but I like blue, so that's the one I was drawn to and subsequently purchased

• by CirclingCanvas

I have to say that this is one of the stranger products that I’ve come across in my years of shopping. I found this peculiar swatter at the Dollar Tree for a dollar, and I’ve got to say that I was amused at its purpose.

I mean, it looks nothing like a fly swatter.

It’s got a colored

pole that’s green and a blue petaled flower with a good-sized brown center.

They had other colors too, but I like blue, so that’s the one I was drawn to and subsequently purchased.

While I do think it’s a lot more attractive than a typical fly swatter, it’s not quite as effective, and if I go to kill a fly or another kind of bug with it, I have to have good aim and try to hit the insect with the brown center since the flower petals won’t apply enough force.

After several uses, the flower petals begin to look weary.

It can also be difficult to keep the petals clean where as it’s easier to ...

• Decorative Plastic Fly Swatter
      keep a regular fly swatter looking clean.

This fly swatter sells for a cheap price at just a dollar, but while you’re getting an attractive fly swatter, you’re also getting one that’s not quite as effective because it doesn’t have as much surface space as a traditional swatter, so your aim has to be good! I will say that

the swatter is pretty sturdily made and not flimsy, but even still, a traditional swatter packs more of a punch and offers a greater chance that you’ll succeed in your killing effort of a pesky insect.

This swatter gets a “6″ rating from me because it’s strong and colorful, but it’s not as effective as a traditional swatter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1230041077320430/k2311a0430/4.30.10