KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer  » Housewares  »
  • I love to bake cookies and bread from scratch, and this mixer makes mixing ingredients and kneading dough much easier
  • I don't like leaving appliances on my countertops but I usually leave the mixer out, just because it is such a struggle to put it away and get it back out again

• by Sam S

My husband bought me this mixer for our anniversary. I love to bake cookies and bread from scratch, and this mixer makes mixing ingredients and kneading dough much easier.

The mixer comes with three different types of beaters that can be changed out to mix your ingredients; a dough hook, standard wire whisk, and a flat beater. I have never used the flat beater and wish they would’ve included a citrus juicer or food grinder instead. I use the whisk to make cookies,

cakes, and brownies and the dough hook to make bread. Both tools combine all of the ingredients well; they don’t leave any spots not mixed, and make smooth, easy to work with dough.

The mixer has 10 speeds. I usually use the lower speeds, but the high speeds are great for getting bumps out of baked goods or fluffing something (like sugar and egg).

The top of the mixer tilts up so that you can easily add to your recipe, but it is almost impossible to add ingredients while you are mixing because there is not enough room between the bowl and the beater to fit a measuring cup or your hand. It would be nice if the bowl was a bit wider at the top to allow you to add ingredients without having to stop mixing and tilt the whole top up.

There is also a lever on the side of the mixer that locks the top when it is in the down position. This is very useful; ...

• KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer
      if you don’t lock the top down while you mix the whole mixer shakes.

There are only two downsides to this mixer; the first is the weight. The mixer is very heavy; it is almost hard for me to lift it. I don’t like leaving appliances on my countertops but I usually leave the mixer out, just because it is such a struggle to put it away and get it back out again.

The other downside is the cost. The mixer was pretty expensive itself (right

around $200), and it is on the lower end of the KitchenAid mixers you can buy. The attachments and add ons can be anywhere from $40-$175. I would love to buy some of them, but they are just too expensive. It seems silly to buy a $150 attachment for a $200 machine.

Overall, I am happy with my mixer. It is a good, quality made product that I expect to last for many years to come. I just wish the small details were a little more polished.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330041076980330/k2311a0430/4.30.10