The Soweto Gospel Choir  » Music  »
  • I found the style of the presentation to be something really fresh, lively and captivating
  • My experience of the Soweto Gospel Choir is one that is truly unforgettable and I really see them growing and going on to achieve big things in their years ahead

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

Having been invited to their live video recording performance, what I expected of the Soweto Gospel Choir is nothing close to what I actually witnessed, and I mean that in the most positive way possible.

From what I had experienced before, a lot of choral music didn’t really appeal to me in that it sounded quite the same to me, and I could never clearly distinguish anything unique about any

group of gospel choral singers from an entire line up of acts.

My presence at this live shooting of the performance really had me blown away though and it gave me something I had spotted to be missing in this genre of music, and that is uniqueness. The Soweto Gospel Choir gave me something different to the usual static performances, characterized by high pitched singing and an absence to a ...

• general rhythmic tune that I could recognize.

I found the style of the presentation to be something really fresh, lively and captivating. I reckon they have an international appeal in that they mix locally relevant content with internationally viable flair, in a way that had me glued to my seat and anticipating their forthcoming acts.

I was so surprised to see a face in the audience, of a member of a

‘rival’ local gospel choir and he was really enjoying himself. I can’t really place much blame on him though, as I would have given them the respect they deserve even if I was in a rival gospel choral music group.

My experience of the Soweto Gospel Choir is one that is truly unforgettable and I really see them growing and going on to achieve big things in their years ahead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1430041076700330/k2311a0430/4.30.10