Pulvex Tick and Flea Shampoo for dogs  » Pets  »
  • A little bit on the expensive side, Tick and Flea Shampoo from Pulvex Pet Care Products was recommended to me by the sales man at a local pet shop, but I could not really make out weather he had done so because it is the best the market has to offer or the most expensive one on his display shelves
  • The tick problem I had with my dog was relatively serious at one point and when I gave the dog its first bath with this shampoo, carefully following the printed instructions of applying water to the dog and massaging the shampoo to form a rich lather, then hand rubbing the dog for as long as possible and finally rinsing with clean, lukewarm tap water

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

A little bit on the expensive side, Tick and Flea Shampoo from Pulvex Pet Care Products was recommended to me by the sales man at a local pet shop, but I could not really make out weather he had done so because it is the best the market has to offer or the most expensive one on his display shelves.

I

purchased a two hundred ml bottle nonetheless and have had mixed results so far. The tick problem I had with my dog was relatively serious at one point and when I gave the dog its first bath with this shampoo, carefully following the printed instructions of applying water to the dog and massaging the shampoo to form a rich lather, then hand rubbing the dog for as long as possible and finally rinsing with clean, lukewarm tap water.

My dog doesn’t like having a bath, but this time I got the distinct, almost silly feeling that it was in fact actually enjoying it this time. It was so cooperative and that got me thinking that it might actually be getting some ...

• Pulvex Tick and Flea Shampoo for dogs
      relief from the irritation of having ticks all the time.

After the bath, the dog’s coat had a rich, shiny, healthy appearance and I guess I was surprised not see the dog scratching itself or rolling around in the dirt straight after the bath as it usually did.

So far, the ticks seemed to have died off and have stayed away for

a while, and I wonder how long it should be before I give it its next bath with the shampoo.

The ticks didn’t immediately fall off and die though, but they appeared to change color and then eventually fall off. I couldn’t spot any “new” ones invading though and in that sense, I guess I can say that the shampoo actually worked for my dog.

marlene says :

How often can I use it on my Min Pin? After using there is still some flease Can I use it with safety on my pregnant little mother always?Please help

John says :

Pulvex, this is not recommended for use on pregnant mothers. This is effective up to 30 days so you should use it at least once every 4-6 weeks.

Melanie says :

Can I use a flea tick shampoo on my preagnant dog?

aw says :

According to the humane society flea and tick treatments should not be used on pregnant animals. Natural alternatives such as this list of oils can be used:
Eucalyptus oil
Sage oil
Cedarwood oil
Orange oil
Peppermint oil

Just do a search and find out how to prepare one using water and spray bottle.

sushma ahuja says :

really it is wonderful shampoo, specially for dogs with thick fur and white dogs.
is it available in india?

Becky says :

Hi I came across a 20ml bottle clear supstance from Pulvex for ticks and fleace. I applied it to my Dog and she stopped scratching without flease for a year. I cannot seem to find it in the shops anymore. Please advise

Johann says :

I would like to know how effective this shampoo is seeing that the dog is rinsed after treatment. Does the active ingredients of the shampoo penetrate the dogs coat to provide some lasting deterrent or else the fleas will just get right back on. If so, can the dogs just be bathed in normal shampoo for coat treatment first and then rinse with Pulvex T F to act as a dip without rinsing again?? I would like to know please.

John says :

Yes. Johann, you rinse the shampoo off, but the ingredients are still inside of it’s coat. It’s effective for up to 30 days.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Johann, the treatment is effective for 30 days because the ingredients penetrate your pet’s skin and hair cuticles. Personally, I like to add additional protection by using a good flea collar after treatment. However, I would not use the Pulvex as just a rinse. Leaving the chemicals on your pets’ coat can cause serious problems like skin irritation and can even make your pet sick because as he licks himself he will be ingesting the chemicals.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2930041076690330/k2311a0430/4.30.10