Metro FM National Radio Station  » Entertainment  »
  • This is the one thing that I think the South African Broadcasting Commission actually got right, apart from their TV3 channel of course
  • My experience of having Metro FM a constant part of my life has had me draw more than just musically inclined stimulation, but also some life enhancing information from their rich vein of resourceful knowledge

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

This is the one thing that I think the South African Broadcasting Commission actually got right, apart from their TV3 channel of course.

Over my ten year period of listening to Metro FM, the content, broadcast style and layout of the whole operation is what turned me into the loyal, regular listener that I am today.

It was actually only recently that I realized just

exactly how big a part of my life Metro FM is; in the morning when I get dressed after my shower, it’s Metro FM that I have playing in the background, on my mini stereo set. When I sit in my car, driving either to soccer practice or to the office (occasionally), it’s a continuation of the breakfast show on Metro FM that ...

• I listen to.

Throughout the day, whenever I need some sort of auditory stimulation, I listen to the Avenue with Glen and Unathi right up until the legendary Robert Marawa comes in to deliver the Discovery Sports Center, followed by Metro FM talk and finally capped of with “The Obsession”, a late night show where they play my favorite type of music, soul and

rhythm ‘n blues.

My experience of having Metro FM a constant part of my life has had me draw more than just musically inclined stimulation, but also some life enhancing information from their rich vein of resourceful knowledge. I hear a lot about business affairs that are of particular interest to me, as well as opportunities to advance personally and physically, but more so professionally.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5930041076680330/k2311a0430/4.30.10