Great West Chrysler Dodge Jeep (Car Dealership for Oil Change)  » Cars  »
17817 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • I found Great West Chrysler Dodge Jeep, in the north west of the city, and gave them a call
  • I was pretty impressed with this convenience, so I decided to drive to the dealership on a Friday afternoon, still hoping there wouldn’t be a long wait

• by Jessie Bahrey

My husband and I purchased a Jeep Cherokee last year, and we found out while we were signing all the documents that because of the diesel engine, we would only need to get oil changes every six months or so. We also found out that, included in the warranty, was free maintenance for five years. We loved the idea of not having to pay for oil changes and lube jobs, and the only catch was that we would have to get this maintenance work done at a Jeep dealership.

The six months were up last week, so I looked up a dealership in Edmonton, Alberta online to

make an appointment. I found Great West Chrysler Dodge Jeep, in the north west of the city, and gave them a call.

I was expecting a hassle, but instead, the receptionist I spoke to said that there was no appointment necessary, and when I asked how long the wait would be, she informed me that there were plenty of bays available for oil changes, and it was usually just a drive-in, drive-out procedure. I was pretty impressed with this convenience, so I decided to drive to the dealership on a Friday afternoon, still hoping there wouldn’t be a long wait.

When I got to the dealership, which is ...

• conveniently located off a main road in the west end of the city, there were no other customers there. There were 3 bays for quick lubes and 6 for regular lube jobs.

By the way, there is another area on the premises for other types of auto repairs. The technicians were friendly, efficient and knowledgeable, and I was put at ease right away.

They took the time to completely drain everything, and didn’t try to get away with putting any oil in my Jeep that was lower quality than the synthetic oil which I required. I have been to some places that try to cheat by putting

in cheaper oil.

The bay I was in was clean and organized. The entire process took only 30 minutes, and even though my warranty paperwork confused the first technician I dealt with, it was all sorted out quickly.

I was extremely impressed. While I was there, a few other customers drove in, and every bay was quickly serviced.

Even though this work was all under warranty, and therefore no money exchanged hands, the customer service was as if the services provided were chargeable. I am so very pleased with this service that is provided by this dealership, and this adds enormous value to the purchase of my vehicle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 929041076480230/k2311a0429/4.29.10