Fresh Express Green & Crisp
  • What I like about this variety of bagged salad is that they mix romaine, iceberg and cabbage together and that gives this salad a couple different flavors and textures
  • The red cabbage was a nice touch and I enjoy having it mixed in with the lettuce because it gives the salad some additional flavor

• by CirclingCanvas

What I like about this variety of bagged salad is that they mix romaine, iceberg and cabbage together and that gives this salad a couple different flavors and textures. Iceberg lettuce is my absolute favorite, and the iceberg lettuce that I get out of this bagged salad is consistently fresh and crisp.

I do however like romaine too as it’s

a different kind of lettuce with a crunchier texture, so it’s nice to have two different kinds of lettuce to enjoy in a salad.

The red cabbage was a nice touch and I enjoy having it mixed in with the lettuce because it gives the salad some additional flavor.

There’s not as much cabbage as there is lettuce though, and ...

• that’s a little disappointing.

Another disappointing aspect of this salad are the sliced carrots.

I don’t know why, but sliced carrots in bagged salad always seem to come hard and nearly tasteless.

They are tough to chew and add nothing but hardness to the salad, so I just remove the sliced carrots and add my own for a tastier and more

pleasant salad.

If there was more red cabbage and either no carrots or better carrots, I’d be perfectly satisfied with this salad mix, but because I’m not, I’m rating it a “7″.

Two types of fresh and crisp lettuce and tasty red cabbage make this a bagged salad worth purchasing again and again, but it could still stand some improvement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2729041075760130/k2311a0429/4.29.10