Fresh Express Double Carrots  » Food  »
2.5
  • I like carrots in my salad because I feel that they add flavor to my salad as well as contribute some essential nutrients and vitamins to my body
  • When I came across this pre-cut salad mix with double the carrots, I naturally thought that I would love having one of these salads, so I bought a bag
  • The very reason I thought I'd enjoy this salad turned out to be the very reason I disliked it
  • The problem that I had with the carrots was twofold
  • Since the carrots disappointed me, I'm only going to rate this salad a 5

• by CirclingCanvas

I like carrots in my salad because I feel that they add flavor to my salad as well as contribute some essential nutrients and vitamins to my body. When I came across this pre-cut salad mix with double the carrots, I naturally thought that I would love having one of these salads, so I bought a bag. When I sat down to have a bowl of this salad before dinner, I was really surprised to

find that I didn’t care for it too much and the reason I didn’t like it that much was because of the carrots. The very reason I thought I’d enjoy this salad turned out to be the very reason I disliked it.

The problem that I had with the carrots was twofold. First of all, I didn’t like how hard the carrot slices were. I know carrots aren’t soft and aren’t supposed to be soft, but these slices were ridiculously hard and that made chewing a real pain, especially when I had three or so slices of the carrots in my mouth at once. The slices may look thin, but they are hard to break! I don’t know why they are hard, but I’ve had other bags of lettuce from this company before, and those bags featured hard carrots too, so I don’t know what they do to them before they’re ...

• Fresh Express Double Carrots
      bagged, but whatever it is, I don’t like it! Then there’s the flavor of the carrots, or lack thereof. These carrot slices are pretty bland and don’t do much to add flavor to my salad. There is no mild carrot flavor and what flavor is pleasant is very fleeting what with the lettuce, dressing and other toppings that I add to my salad. The carrots are dull and fail to stand out.

The best part of

the salad was the lettuce. It was crisp and fresh. I didn’t buy this salad though for the lettuce, although obviously I was hoping the lettuce would taste as good as it looked, but the carrots were really the main draw for me. Since the carrots disappointed me, I’m only going to rate this salad a “5″. Great looking and tasting lettuce, but both the stripped carrots and slices of carrot turned out to be hard and bland.

Shayna says :

re : When I came across this pre-cut salad mix with double the carrots, I naturally thought that I would love having one of these salads, so I bought a bag
It is bland and has too many carrots.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2729041075750130/k2311a0429/4.29.10