The Very Best of the Ed Sullivan Show, Vol. 2: The Greatest Entertainers  » Entertainment  »
1.5
  • This VHS tape suffers from the same problem that practically ruined The Very Best of the Ed Sullivan Show - Unforgettable Performances
  • There's a great unevenness that ripples throughout this VHS tape that makes it impossible for me to get excited about any upcoming performance because I know that I'm not going to get to see it all and I don't know why such a decision was made

• by CirclingCanvas

This VHS tape suffers from the same problem that practically ruined “The Very Best of the Ed Sullivan Show - Unforgettable Performances”. The problem I’m referring to is the choppy editing.

None of the musical or comedy acts are shown from beginning to end.

Now some of the performances are longer than others, like the one featuring Tom Jones and the Rolling Stones, but some are ridiculously short, like the one that spotlights Connie Francis and Petula

Clark.

There’s a great unevenness that ripples throughout this VHS tape that makes it impossible for me to get excited about any upcoming performance because I know that I’m not going to get to see it all and I don’t know why such a decision was made.

Just show the entire performance, even if it means some of the content will have to be removed.

I’d rather have say fifteen full performances rather than twenty-five chopped up ...

• and shortened performances.

The performances on this VHS tape are a mix of black and white and color and feature a blending of comedy, music, Broadway performances and more.

While I was able to get some enjoyment out of watching the acts and performances, the way the editing kept cutting over to something else bothered me throughout the show and left me with a feeling of dissatisfaction.

At least the sound quality was pretty clear and unobstructed and

the video quality was fine too.

The fact that some of the tape is in black and white and other parts are in color didn’t bother me at all and in fact I’m glad they didn’t attempt to colorize the black and white clips in order to make the entire tape in color.

Still, I’m only giving this tape a “3″ because the editing process just almost ruins all entertainment value that these acts and performances had to offer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5929041075740130/k2311a0429/4.29.10