Hertz Car Rental Scottsdale, AZ  » Car rental  »
15001 N. Hayden Rd Suite #105 Scottsdale, AZ

• by Miss V

I was in a car accident in January of this year, and had coverage for car rental with my insurance for a month and after that my insurance carrier would pick up the tab. When I went to go pick up the rental car at Hertz, the agent asked for my debit card, which I was hesitant to give, but when I asked if it would be

used the answer was “No”.

Finally in March I settled with my insurance company and purchased a new car.

I brought the rental back the same day.

When I brought it back the agent stated that I owed over $1,000 for the car rental, and told him to contact my attorney and the insurance carrier whom was obligated to pay the bill.

After ...

• stating that to the agent he reassured me that everything was fine.

Every day I check my bank accounts to make sure there are not unauthorized charges, and when I checked on Easter weekend, there was a $1,338.

50 charge from Hertz Rental Car.

They were not authorized to collect any fees, and was billing me, and the insurance carrier as well.

I contacted my bank

and filed a fraud claim, and did get my money back from my bank the following Monday, as Hertz did this on the weekened when it would be impossible to get my money back into my account, this amount drained my account.

BEWARE! of giving out your debit card, and when they tell you they are not going to use it, then ask why they want it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 328041075031230/k2311a0428/4.28.10