Adobe PageMaker  » Software  »
  • And I think majority of the class had a hard time using the program at first
  • I noticed that whenever I place pictures (I click on File then click on Place Object), the moment I finished dragging the cursor, the picture placed on the newsletter is blurred
  • But my classmates and I were able to work out this irritating problem by just copying any picture from the web (or any picture pasted on a word document) and we’ll just paste it on our Adobe PageMaker file
  • Another feature I like about Adobe PageMaker is that you could export your document as a PDF file then convert it as a JPEG file from there

• by rycemix

If it weren’t for our Desktop Publishing class, I wouldn’t have known the Adobe PageMaker program. Since our Desktop Publishing class is all about producing newsletters, flyers, print advertisements, our professor has decided that it would be the main program we would be using for the whole semester.

When I first opened the program in our computer laboratory, I was puzzled because Adobe PageMaker’s interface looked too old and classic. I guess I was too used to Adobe Photoshop’s modern interface. And I think majority of the class had a hard time using the program at first.

Although I don’t really like its interface, I do like the fact that

it’s very easy to do layouts using this program. With the number of sample newsletter projects I’ve done for our Desktop Publishing class, I must say that I really found it easy to move the texts around. Guide marks make it easy to form columns for newsletters.

However, I find it really annoying whenever I want to place pictures in my newsletters. I noticed that whenever I place pictures (I click on File then click on Place Object), the moment I finished dragging the cursor, the picture placed on the newsletter is blurred. I can barely make out an image. But my classmates and I were able to work ...

• out this irritating problem by just copying any picture from the web (or any picture pasted on a word document) and we’ll just paste it on our Adobe PageMaker file. And surprisingly, the pictures are clearer.

Another feature I like about Adobe PageMaker is that you could export your document as a PDF file then convert it as a JPEG file from there. This was very useful to me when I was done with my newsletter (which was our final project for our Desktop Publishing class). There wasn’t any computer shop near the school which has Adobe PageMaker installed. And I got really frustrated because I have no idea

how I would be able to print my newsletter out if there’s no Adobe PageMaker program to open the file with. What I did next was I went home and converted my file into a PDF file, then convert it to a JPEG file. It was pretty easy for me to print it afterwards on photo paper.

But I do think Adobe PageMaker is more tedious to work with compared to Adobe Photoshop. And if I had to choose between the two regarding layouts, I’d rather choose Adobe Photoshop than Adobe Pagemaker. I think Adobe Pagemaker is a good choice for making simple newsletters and other related printed materials.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3028041074681230/k2311a0428/4.28.10