Michael Buble  » People  »
  • I think he has a unique sound that is familiar in some mysterious way, yet I always go on some sort of journey when I listen to any of Michael Buble’s music

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

I was first introduced to the highly regarded artist that is Michael Buble (at least by me anyway) through some radio airplay, with his then hit, “Crazy”.

Now this was not really the kind of music I constantly listen to, but this particular track captivated me in a way uncharacteristic of this particular genre of music.

Since then, I bumped into a few of Michael Buble’s songs, now and then,

here and there, and each time they had some sort of appeal to me, inciting me to ask the nearest person for the name of the artist each time. It became such a regular occurrence that I started looking forward to hearing Michael Buble’s music, any chance I got.

It was not until I saw a television feature on him, displaying him record some music in a very unusual ...

• setting that I completely took a liking to the artist. Little snippets of songs were being performed, in what seemed like an open studio type of set up. I didn’t see any audience, but his wife was in some sort of elevated bay and she seemed to be the only onlooker.

Now I am a fully fledged fan of Michael Buble, and it was songs like “I just haven’t

met you yet” and “Home” that served as a final catalyst to this.

I think he has a unique sound that is familiar in some mysterious way, yet I always go on some sort of journey when I listen to any of Michael Buble’s music. I think he is doing a really good job in maintaining an authenticity in sound that I can’t quite put my finger on as yet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5228041074511230/k2311a0428/4.28.10