Mews tavern in Wakefield Rhode Island
0.5
456 main street Wakefield RI 02879
  • I am not sure why Mews tavern allows people, mainly men, too be loud and belligerent but they do and this place was not a quiet experience at all because I was perved on and so many people were just yelling
  • The bartenders were two women and these women had the worst attitude problem that I have encountered in a very long time and they made me feel scared
  • Unfortunately we decided to stay upstairs and enjoy what possibly could have been the worse meal I have ever had in the state of Rhode Island
  • The Mews tavern’s food really is not good and I recommend that you do not ever get the spinach salad, one it is expensive and two the spinach tasted not good at all and the salad did not taste fresh

• by coastgirl

I am a pretty picky person when it comes to a nice night out especially if I am going to end up at a bar. I expect to the bars I go too be the upmost of class or at least halfway decent and the Mews tavern in Wakefield really did not match up to my standards. Mews Tavern is a place you should stay away from on a Saturday night because when I was there, there were a lot of scumbags prowling this bar and I felt totally creeped out. I am not sure why Mews tavern allows people, mainly men, too be loud and belligerent but they do and this place was not a quiet experience at all because I was perved on and so many people were just yelling. The bartenders were two women

and these women had the worst attitude problem that I have encountered in a very long time and they made me feel scared. All I asked them were for a few drinks and they promptly had an attitude informing me that they would take my order later which left me mind boggled. So if you like rude bartenders than you will love their customer service here, yea not.

Mews tavern is two floors but all they really are is two floors of nothing going on. The upstairs is too small with very few tables to sit on. Me and the girls felt so tightly condensed in these booths and they were so hard too sit on. The bottom floor offers a little more seating than the upstairs but not really by much at all. Both floors were busy ...

• with bodies everywhere and both bars were small. Unfortunately we decided to stay upstairs and enjoy what possibly could have been the worse meal I have ever had in the state of Rhode Island. Normally the high prices wouldn’t have bothered me because I assumed the food would taste good but whoever cooks the food at Mews needs to retake some cooking classes because it tasted like nothing I’ve tasted before and I mean this in a bad way. The Mews tavern’s food really is not good and I recommend that you do not ever get the spinach salad, one it is expensive and two the spinach tasted not good at all and the salad did not taste fresh.

My friends had some fish tacos here and they tasted worse than the salad, needless to say we

were mad that we spent over $40 on food between all of us and that didn’t even include drinks so don’t expect a cheap not out at this waste of space. The Mews also did not have any kind of entertainment at all and the alcoholic beverages here were carrying a high price tag and not worth the price that they were asking for. I spent $30 just on 2-3 drinks and all three drinks tasted badly. I remember that the lager I had just did not taste right.

So you should get the point and the point is that this place is one of those places that I will not return to ever again and I could not wait to leave this establishment. Poor food, poor drink quality, poor environment, poor everything and I do not like this place at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728041074451130/k2311a0428/4.28.10