Red Sands movie  » Movies  »
  • This movie contained some of my favourite actors like JK Simmons from Oz and Spiderman, and also the actor Shane West
  • However, even though I thought the movie wasn't awful like some others I've seen, I still think that it really wasn't all that great, and I was expecting so much more from a movie containing actors of such a calibre
  • While I thought that a plot like this had loads of attention, I think one of the main flaws with it, was that it lacked progression to something great, perhaps a great twist of the plot or something
  • Overall, I'm not sure if I would recommend this to horror and thriller fans, since some things might be a bit disappointing

• by Redtape

This movie contained some of my favourite actors like JK Simmons from Oz and Spiderman, and also the actor Shane West. However, even though I thought the movie wasn’t awful like some others I’ve seen, I still think that it really wasn’t all that great, and I was expecting so much more from a movie containing actors of such

a calibre.

I expected a lot from it not just because of the plot, but where I also where I heard it was set and who the characters were supposed to be. The movie was more of a psychological thriller or horror, which revolved around US soldiers in modern day Iraq. It was about how they used an ancient supernatural statue for target practice when they were shooting, only to realise after a while that they released something powerful and demonic which begins to play with them.

While I thought that a plot like this had loads of attention, I think one of the main flaws with it, was that it lacked progression to something great, perhaps a ...

• Red Sands movie
      great twist of the plot or something. However, after that supernatural force was released in the movie, it felt more like it became stationary after that.

The acting and filming itself was actually pretty good though. I’m not really an expert when it comes to filming movies and so on, but I can tell when something is filmed properly.

One

of the things I didn’t like about the movie too, was the visual effects. Some of it was so bad it made me cringe in embarassment, since it seemed like a lot of it was done by an amateur or amateurs.

Overall, I’m not sure if I would recommend this to horror and thriller fans, since some things might be a bit disappointing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127041074260930/k2311a0427/4.27.10