Columbo: Grand Deceptions movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • Grand Deceptions is not one of the movies I enjoy very much
  • Then he says that if the car isn't there, he'll still give him a cookie, “because I love you
  • Of note when Brailie is arrested at the end, this is, I believe, the first time Columbo talks about reading the prisoner his rights

• by Orrymain

Columbo: Grand Deceptions is not one of the movies I enjoy very much. While Peter Falk is always intriguing and watching him facing off against all the murderers is the joy of the Columbo series, some of the ones that surround the military or politics just don’t work for me that much. This is no exception from that.

Robert Foxworth plays a colonel in Grand Deceptions by the name of Frank

Brailie. Foxworth is a good actor, but I’ve never found him to be charismatic. I tend to be disinterested in shows in which he appears. Again, this is no exception to that rule.

What I do like about this movie is a bit between Columbo and his basset hound. It’s really adorable. He’s leaving the dog in the car and tells him that he’ll give him a cookie ...

• if the car is still there when he comes out. Then he says that if the car isn’t there, he’ll still give him a cookie, “because I love you.” So sweet!

Stephen Elliott appears as the revered General Padget, that even Columbo is in awe of. I wasn’t moved.

his rights. He refers to the card with the rights written on it that all police officers carry as a reminder of the exact wording that needs to be read.

For the most part, the show is pretty dull. It does rank a smile at the very end, not just for the bit about the rights, but the Columbo action figure that is shown in the battlefield. Other than that, skip it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127041073350730/k2311a0427/4.27.10