Columbo: Murder with Too Many Notes movie  » Movies  »
  • I really felt her emotion, and I love her interaction with Columbo in the last moments of the show

• by Orrymain

In Columbo: Murder with Too Many Notes, Billy Connolly guest stars as musical composer Findlay Crawford with Chad Willett playing his young ‘ghost’ composer, Gabriel McEnery. Gabriel is tired of not getting his due after five years of ‘ghosting’ the musical scores. When he threatens to let the big honcho know the truth of who is writing the masterful pieces, he ends up dead, thanks to Crawford.

Here are a few

thoughts and impressions about the episode.

–There’s a funny bit when Crawford is following Columbo, who drives at a snail’s pace. The musical score is playing ‘go to sleep little baby’ (I don’t know the exact title of the lullaby) which adds to the humor of the scene, especially when the cars get passed by a bicyclist.

–The show is directed by Patrick McGoohan, who does not appear in this episode. However,

• his daughter Anne has a small role. In another outing he directed of Columbo, his other daughter, Catherine, had a supporting part.

–I love how they show the process of recording a musical score for a movie. I’ve seen it before in other movies and TV shows, but I’m fascinated and intrigued by it nevertheless.

–Another neat bit is when Peter Falk and his Columbo sings “That’s Amore” with Crawford’s band.

It’s a lighthearted moment that makes a person smile.

–Hillary Danner turns in a nice performance in a supporting role. I really felt her emotion, and I love her interaction with Columbo in the last moments of the show.

I’m not crazy about Connolly. He’s very animated and loud, and he gets on my nerves. However, the show is entertaining, and I do like watching it, especially because Columbo drives Crawford nuts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127041073270730/k2311a0427/4.27.10