Nothing DVD  » Movies  »
  • I was more entertained than I thought I'd be as I watched it
  • The Nothing DVD has some interesting commentary, but what got my attention is that the commentary actually went over the length of the movie by about a minute, going longer than the credits

• by Orrymain

Nothing may sound like nothing, but the Nothing DVD is full of everything. It’s a well packaged DVD with a couple of extras to make buying the product worthwhile.

The movie Nothing stars David Hewlett, known best for Stargate Atlantis. It also stars Andrew Miller. The two play best friends who have a falling out. Just as the work to get back their friendship, the

both face individual nightmares that has each wishing the world away. That’s pretty much what happens. It’s an innovative film that’s pretty different from the standard fare. I was more entertained than I thought I’d be as I watched it.

The Nothing DVD has some interesting commentary, but what got my attention is that the commentary actually went over the length of the movie by about ...

• a minute, going longer than the credits. There was a black screen pictured while the commentators still vigorously engaged in conversation. I don’t know of any other movie that has commentary continuing after the complete end of the movie.

The other extra is The Making of Nothing, which I found to be interesting enough. Combined with the commentary, it really gives the viewer and fan of

Nothing a sense of what making the movie was like and how things were done. The commentators were very excited about the project, and that shines through. I chuckled at the references to the turtle who was in the movie.

All in all, if you like Hewlett, you’ll want this DVD. If you’re a fan of the strange and innovative, you’ll want the DVD, too.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127041073110730/k2311a0427/4.27.10