Fit & Active Strawberry Fruit & Grain Cereal Bars
  • I like the idea behind these cereal bars because there is a lot of nutrition packed into just one of these bars in the form of calcium and vitamins and the bar itself is easy and not too messy to have even if I only have time for a quick snack, but unfortunately, the strawberry filling just isn't that tasty
  • The nutritional benefits of these cereal bars are definitely good, but it's a shame that I can't say the same about the strawberry filling

• by CirclingCanvas

I like the idea behind these cereal bars because there is a lot of nutrition packed into just one of these bars in the form of calcium and vitamins and the bar itself is easy and not too messy to have even if I only have time for a quick snack, but unfortunately, the strawberry filling just isn’t that tasty. The strawberry filling is more than a little bland and the outer crust does not have much flavor either. This came as

a surprise to me since this breakfast bar is supposed to be made with real strawberries, but the strawberries used, at least in the one pack that I tried, must not have been too sweet because the strawberry flavored filling is pretty fleeting.

That being said, I really like that I am getting a good dosage of whole grain oats, vitamins and minerals in just one of these bars. This bar allows me to start my day with something that is reasonably nutritious ...

• and essential for a healthy body. There is no cholesterol, but there is some saturated fat, although it’s reasonably low at just one gram. The nutritional benefits of these cereal bars are definitely good, but it’s a shame that I can’t say the same about the strawberry filling. Now the blueberry version of these cereal bars is sweeter and tastier, and those are the ones I usually stick with, but regrettably the apple cinnamon ones are comparably dull with the strawberry ones.
        Too bad, since it would’ve been great if all three would have been tasty as then I would’ve been able to have a little variation.

At a dollar eighty-nine a box, these cereal bars are reasonably priced for the nutritional benefits that they offer, but the lack of a rich, sweet strawberry flavor is the reason I can’t rate this product with anything higher than a “6″. The strawberry filling still resembles the flavor of strawberries, it’s just not a particularly strong or eye-opening flavor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727041072240530/k2311a0427/4.27.10