Monk TV Episode: Mr. Monk and the Birds and the Bees
  • At first, I thought this would end up being yet another awkward comedy scene with the character
  • Not the best one ever made, but good enough to be entertaining

• by Review Vigilante

Well, I didn’t know for sure if I would like the Monk episode Mr. Monk and the Birds and the Bees when I saw it this past weekend.

But, I have to admit, it was much better than expected.

The case itself was somewhat interesting.

There is a murder and they have a suspect but no way of

proving the suspect had even met the victim before.

So, they end up looking for clues and ultimately discover Natalie’s daughter, Julie, had been wearing the evidence all along.

At the same time, Julie apparently is bored with her boyfriend and dumps him for one of the most popular kids at school.

This upsets Natalie to the point ...

• she asks Monk to step in as a father figure and have a talk with Julie.

At first, I thought this would end up being yet another awkward comedy scene with the character.

But, in the end, Monk actually did give her some pretty sound advice about waiting for the right person, like he did with Trudy.

However,

I have to say her boyfriend was a little too quick to get back together with her at the end.

I mean, she dumped him for another guy (who was apparently being paid to ask her out).

I would at least make her suffer a little bit.

Overall, this was an OK episode.

Not the best one ever made, but good enough to be entertaining.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1026041072120230/k2311a0426/4.26.10