Amarige d’Amour by Givenchy Eau de Parfum Fragrance  » Perfume  »
  • The floral notes are dominated by a rosy scent, smells not far from Paul Smith’s white rose in my opinion
  • The perfume is sold for 54 dollars which I believe is reasonable for its lasting power
  • I strongly recommend Givenchy’s Amirage d’Amour to all the fragrance buffs

• by jhunie

This is such a domestic scent in my fragrance wardrobe. I call it domestic because this practically smells like home. It’s part of a small number of personal scents that I’ve been keeping for years. Actually, Amarige d’Amour is just a following to the original Amarige perfume which I had come to know since the 90’s. With all the crazy things that transpired in my life, from career shifts to moving house, fortunately I was able to spare a small intimate collection of perfumes, this one included. I have a foggy recollection of the original Amarige through the rare instances that I raided my mom’s closet. I swear my father used to own a Givenchy EDT as well.

This concoction is an improved, less aromatic version of the original. The

classic amarige was quite dense and heavy as with all the pioneering fragrances back in the days. Now it seems fragrances are adapting a neater adaption by principle. This particular scent still hints of the past and isn’t totally stripped off its weighty strength. It’s still heavy which can be intolerable for some who cannot substantiate the link between contemporary and older fragrances. The only thing I didn’t care less was the more pronounced sweetness to this elixir, a stark contrast to its forerunner brimming with sourness like a bite off a ripened fruit or the tart extracted from raw flowers.

The original was of course virginal with a distinct barely cultured quality to the smell that I find to be lacking in plenty of today’s perfumes. D’amour is a saccharine sweet ...

• floral that merges both romance and optimism. It is the positive morning allure which greets your nose, the cheery berry smell at the beginning reminds me of L’occitane’s blackcurrant incense while a romantic bouquet of florals introduces your feminine sensuality without going overboard. The floral notes are dominated by a rosy scent, smells not far from Paul Smith’s white rose in my opinion.

It takes just a few sprays and the perfume covers you with a fragrant veil, it survives past midday toward the evening. I love that it lingers for a long time. The perfume is ideal for dressy days spent either at the office, lounging at a gourmet dinner or places where confidence becomes mandatory. It was an accident that led me to discover this perfume, I was looking for

the old Amirage by default and gave up searching for the defunct item because it wasn’t easy to find. I checked the toilette version of this perfume but didn’t like the aquatic variation to the smell. I also tried the new Very Irresistible line from Givenchy which is getting a lot of buzz lately, it turned out to be very modern for my taste.

The perfume is sold for 54 dollars which I believe is reasonable for its lasting power. It comes in a lighter snowy bottle, there were no drastic changes including the diffuser’s cap if compared to the previous. I strongly recommend Givenchy’s Amirage d’Amour to all the fragrance buffs. I give it 9 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5626041072090230/k2311a0426/4.26.10