PlayStaion 3 (Original)  » Games  »
  • They now have a slim version and they now lowered the price
  • I won’t be upgrading until this systems fails me, which I highly doubt it will anytime soon
  • I ultimately decided on the PS3 because I knew then that I wanted to upgrade to a bigger, better HDTV

• by mloffa

The PlayStation 3 (original “fat” system) is one of the greatest gaming systems I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning.

I’ve had the PS3 for just about a year now and I feel I can write a thorough review on it.

The system I have is the original “fat” version. They now have a slim version and they now lowered the price. The slimmer version is also supposed to use less energy. I won’t be upgrading until this systems fails me, which I highly doubt it will anytime soon.

Before buying the PS3, I, like many others, contemplated between this and the x-box 360. At the time, I had a standard definition ‘tube’ television

so graphics weren’t that big of a deal. I ultimately decided on the PS3 because I knew then that I wanted to upgrade to a bigger, better HDTV. The PS3 allows for better graphics and includes a Blue-Ray player.

The PS3 is a very sexy machine in itself. The piano black finish with the chrome accents are just beautiful. Sadly, it collects fingerprints and dust fairly easily. This is easily cleaned, though.

The power button, along with the eject button, on the system itself are touch sensitive. Although a little gimmicky, these get the job done as well as add to the look of the machine. On the new Slim version, these are replaced ...

• with hardware buttons.

The graphics on this thing are incredible. You really need a HDTV to comprehend how great it is. Gameplay aside, the menus are just incredibly fluid and very nice to look it. The graphics on Gameplay vary based on games because some output in 720p while others 1080p. For example, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 outputs in 1080p and looks incredible.

I have actually yet to use the Blue-Ray player. Maybe once Blue-Ray movie costs go down a little, I will try it out. I’m just glad it’s there. The system comes with one controller and it charges via a standard mini-usb cable.

It’s pretty odd that additional controllers don’t

come with the cable but it’s not that big of a deal because for myself, and I’m sure most, have a whole bunch of mini-usb cables laying around.

The controllers, which are wireless, charge up quick and stay charged long.

A negative is that games from the PlayStation 2 will not work on the PS3. I don’t know why they did not allow backwards capability but I’m sure there was a legitimate hardware reason for it.

Over the PS3 is a great system for everyone ranging from heavy gamers to just a casual gamer. Anyone can have fun with it. I have had it for a long time and I’m still discovering new things!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2826041071950230/k2311a0426/4.26.10