Revlon Colorstay Makeup with SoftFlex for Combination/Oily Skin  » Cosmetics  »
  • The latest product that I have purchased and I think is the best makeup I have ever bought is Revlon's Makeup with SoftFlex™ for Combination/Oily skin
  • Okay, first of all, what I don't like is the fact that this product only provides you 6 SPF
  • Second, I don't like the packaging of the product
  • The only thing I like about the packaging is that it comes in a glass bottle which makes it elegant-looking
  • But, beneath the facade of the flaws of this product, I still think it's the best I have used

• by jake4you

The latest product that I have purchased and I think is the best makeup I have ever bought is Revlon’s Makeup with SoftFlex™ for Combination/Oily skin. I can’t really express how much joy I feel for the person who thought of making this wonderful product.

First of all, this product claims that it can hold your makeup for 16 hours, straight! This product also claims that it can control oil production throughout the day. I was really in favor of buying this product because the claims really caught my attention. It’s really hard for makeup to sit on a person’s face especially when they have very oily skin like mine.

Okay, first of all, what I don’t like is the fact that this product only provides you 6 SPF. This, obviously, will not protect you from anything when you’re under the heat of the sun, especially here in the Philippines, where climate change is at its peak.

Second, I don’t like the packaging

of the product. The only thing I like about the packaging is that it comes in a glass bottle which makes it elegant-looking. I don’t like that the product doesn’t come with a pump or what so ever that could help you get only the exact amount for your face. With that said, at first, you will really have a hard time on getting the right amount not to mention the mess you will make on trying to put the liquid foundation on your hand or on a palette.

But, beneath the facade of the flaws of this product, I still think it’s the best I have used. It really keeps oiliness at bay. I promise you, having terrible oily skin, this product really doesn’t make your face shine for a very long time! What I also like is that the makeup is undetectable. When this product claimed that it will stay on your face, it will really stay on your face.

• Even when you go swimming, this product will not be removed nor cake up. You know those makeup that cake after sun exposure, well this product doesn’t give you that effect at all.

What I also like is that this product is oil-free, so I don’t get to worry about my pores being clogged because of this item. I also like the fact that the scent of the foundation is very alluring. I can’t stop smelling the product inside the bottle, even though it’s a bad habit to do so. I also like the fact that the product really feels lightweight on top of my skin. It doesn’t feel that you’ve put on too much when in fact, you know you have a lot on. What I also like about Revlon’s Colorstay Makeup is for everyone. They have two variants, specifically Normal to Dry skin and Combination to Oily Skin. What I also like is the fact that there are a

lot of shades to choose from, so everyone really has the chance to try it on.

The coverage this product gives you is from medium to full. With just one layer on your face, it will almost completely hide all your flaws including uneven skin tone, blemishes and pimples.

Another downside of the product is that it stays on like paint on your face. For some people, they really have a hard time removing the product but for me, I just use pure olive oil to take off the makeup. I also don’t like the fact that this product really dries up fast. But there’s a quick solution for that. I spritz my face with water before using so that it will not dry that fast.

Overall, I think this is the product to beat in the category of liquid foundation. Although it’s quite expensive for a 30ml bottle, you’ll never put your money to waste with the impeccable coverage and control it gives you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126041071210130/k2311a0426/4.26.10