Dyson DC 07 Animal Vacuum  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • It was nice, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be

• by Libra Rajani

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I am a homemaker and I have to say a know plenty about housework and what it takes to get the job done. Vacuuming is one of my favorite chores. I don’t know why. I love to vacuum. I am also very hard on vacuums.

I bump into things and allow the vacuum to suck up things it shouldn’t. There was no problem. I simply unplugged it, cleaned out the hose and continued on. I later threw the bag away and inserted a new one.

Well, after a while, buying and countless number

of bags got old. One day I was watching TV and an informercial came on about the Dysson vacuum cleaner and how wonderful it was. I had heard it all before, but what captured my attention was the fact that it stated it never looses suction. It was hard to believe, but from what I saw on the commercial, it was pretty good.

I went to the department store and bought one. As soon as I got home I tried this supposedly fabulous piece of machinery out. It was nice, but I wasn’t ...

• as impressed as I thought I would be. Where was all of this amazing suction? With my previous vacuum, I could see the tracks in my carpet.

I am one of many who like that. Not only did this vacuum not display any lines on my carpet, there was minimal suction. My husband and I check the hoses. There were no clogs.

The next morning I called the manufacturer and we sent the vacuum back and received a new one a few days later. It had the same problem. It also has a

rubber ring which connects two plastic tubes together. Every time you lift the vacuum, it falls off.

You may not realize it. Without it, the vacuum doesn’t work. I’ve had to order two. Don’t buy this vacuum.

The only good thing about it is there are no bags to change. In retrospect, I’d rather change a few bags and have a vacuum that works. I’d like to see it pick up a marble. The Dyson doesn’t have enough suction to pick up a mere piece of thread.

I rate it a 3.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5326041071200130/k2311a0426/4.26.10