Green Day - Insomniac ( album)  » Music  »
  • Green Day has been my favourite band for many years
  • Even if now I'm not as fan as I used to be, I still think they are a great band, and that they still create amazing music
  • It starts with a song called Armatage Shanks  which is by far the best one in the whole album
  • The singles on this record were Brain Stew , Walking Contradiction , Geek stink breath and Stuck with me , which in my opinion where very well chosen, because they represent exactly what this album is all about
  • Many people were disapointed because it was not as mlodic as their previous work, but I totally disagree

• by Bloodymary

Green Day has been my favourite band for many years. I first listened to them when i was 14, and that was more than 10 years ago. Even if now I’m not as fan as I used to be, I still think they are a great band, and that they still create amazing music.

Insomniac is the name of their 4th studio album. It was recorded between July and August of 1995, and released on

October of the same year. It starts with a song called “Armatage Shanks” which is by far the best one in the whole album. This song is pure energy, and I remember that I used to listen to this song when I was a teenager, and that it was really easy to relate to the lyrics. It takes about 2 seconds of the first song to notice that this record is very different from its predecessor Dookie.

The ...

• album consist of 14 songs, and I actually love about 12 of them. It is really hard to find bad songs here. The singles on this record were “Brain Stew”, “Walking Contradiction”, “Geek stink breath” and “Stuck with me”, which in my opinion where very well chosen, because they represent exactly what this album is all about. Also “Walking contradiction” has one of the best music videos ever, showing three very lucky guys
        destroying everything on their way, without even noticing it.

I believe that Insomniac has a really unique sound, darker than any other Green day album. It is very aggressive, and full of energy, but at the same time all songs are very catchy and full of great melodies. Many people were disapointed because it was not as mlodic as their previous work, but I totally disagree. It is without any doubt one of my favourite Green Day albums.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1425041069900530/k2311a0425/4.25.10