Palm Treo  » Phones  »
  • This was my first experience with a smart phone
  • I kept it on vibrate all of the time, to avoid hearing it

• by Osiris4639

My employer now requires that our cell phones have Windows Mobile in order to support certain applications.

We had several different model phones available that fit the requirements. I picked the Palm Treo, since I had heard negative things about the other models.

This was my first experience with a “smart phone”. Honestly, the first week, I absolutely hated it. I couldn’t get the applications

to work right, and the phone seemed to have a mind of its own. It would beep, change screens or have things pop up out of nowhere.

And the ring tones it came with were awful. I kept it on vibrate all of the time, to avoid hearing it.

Worst of all, it didn’t come with a book of instructions! I must have called ...

• customer support twenty times in the first week.

I’ve had this phone for nearly a year now. I am used to the applications, and I’ve got some personal ring tones in there to make life more enjoyable.

It works great, and meets all of my needs, as well as all of my company needs. I now like this phone very much. It’s fairly

easy to use, once you figure it out. And after I got my personal settings in there, the phone stopped having a “mind of it’s own”, and started doing what I wanted.

My advice, if you get this phone, is to go onto their website and download a copy of the instructions. It might make it easier to get used to.

Overall, it is a good product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3725041069570530/k2311a0425/4.25.10