Wetnwild Mega Protein Smudgeproof Nourishing Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • First off, let me say that I like my lashes the way they are
  • I bought this Wetnwild mascara because it was cheap and looked like it would do the job
  • I do have to say, although I remain skeptical that a mascara can truly possess health benefits I have not noticed any ill effects from using this mascara
  • To me that is a reasonable alternative to the waterproof mascaras that I absolutely refuse to wear now because I think they’re totally unnecessary and suspect over time do harm to my lashes
  • In other words, this is one of those instances where I can recommend a product as much for what it does not do to me as for what it does

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

First off, let me say that I like my lashes the way they are. The only thing that I like to change is that they are sort of blonde at the tips which I find prevents them from looking as long as they really are. In short, when I buy mascara it’s pretty much for the sole purpose of coloring them black from root to tip, separating them and perhaps thickening the appearance just a tiny bit. I don’t crave spidery lashes or additional curl and I don’t certainly don’t want to change my lashes on a cellular level to conform to some weird new standard of beauty.

I bought this Wetnwild mascara because it was cheap and looked like it would do the job. I didn’t care so much about the protein

part. I do have to say, although I remain skeptical that a mascara can truly possess health benefits I have not noticed any ill effects from using this mascara. I have used other mascaras that build up in my lashes and start to cause me to occasionally lose some lashes and even develop flaking skin around the lash line. This one on the other hand has not hurt my lashes in the few months I have started using it even though I apply twice a day sometimes often I forget to wash it off. In fact, it doesn’t even feel to me like I’m wearing mascara, as my lashes remain supple and not stiff when I go to touch them.

I like that it is smudgeproof rather than waterproof. To me that is ...

• a reasonable alternative to the waterproof mascaras that I absolutely refuse to wear now because I think they’re totally unnecessary and suspect over time do harm to my lashes. Although this mascara is not waterproof, I have actually never experienced this mascara running. If it rains or if I cry I find that it seems to come off only if I rub my eyes. I’ve certainly never noticed it streaking down my cheeks. This has confirmed my belief that waterproof mascaras are just overkill.

I like that I get the results I want with only one coat. It saves me time getting ready and I think it looks more natural that way. I do experience just a little bit of clumping sometimes, but only if I get the slightly dried up mascara

from the very end of the wand on my lashes. I find this is easy to avoid mostly, and to be honest I don’t think I have ever owned a mascara that didn’t eventually clump a little bit.

To sum it up, I think this mascara is more than adequate for my simple needs of coloring, separating and slightly thickening my lashes. I’m actually glad it doesn’t do anymore than that, as I mostly go out in the day and try to achieve a natural look as much as possible. In other words, this is one of those instances where I can recommend a product as much for what it does not do to me as for what it does.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123041069150830/k2311a0423/4.23.10