Safeway Select Water Crackers With Cracked Black Pepper
  • But, I have tried water crackers before and liked them so I decided I might like this brand as well
  • However, as water crackers go they’re every bit as good as Carr’s in my opinion and I actually prefer their slightly smaller size
  • At the very least they don't add unnecessary calories to the already high calorie spreads and toppings I like to put on top
  • I would not try using them with a really stiff cheese spread, such as a cheddar cheese log which would probably break them, but I think that’s to be expected with most crackers
  • My only problem is that Safeway employees at my local Safeway seem to like to stack the boxes pyramid fashion on top of a tall endcap display

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

These wafer thin crackers have become a staple in my home.For people who are used to Ritz or Triscuits these won’t won’t seem like anything to write home about. But, I have tried water crackers before and liked them so I decided I might like this brand as well.

These have a nice light crispiness but they’re not flavorful, if it were not for the pepper. It’s the cracked pepper that makes all the difference, makes them more than an ordinary thin cracker. It gives them a nice spiciness. I actually like the taste of them plain, although they’re not satisfying to me like the buttery style crackers are.

However, as water crackers go they’re every bit as good as Carr’s in my opinion and I actually prefer their slightly smaller size. To me they’re the perfect one to two bite size for creating appetizers.

Appetizers are typically high calorie, so the fact that these crackers are so low cal is a big plus for me. At the very least they don’t add unnecessary calories to the already high calorie spreads and toppings I like to put on top. This also makes them nice item to have in my pantry for offering to guests who are watching their weight. My favorite way to enjoy them is with a little ...

• whipped garlic cheese spread topped with an almond or two or a piece of sundried tomato. I would not try using them with a really stiff cheese spread, such as a cheddar cheese log which would probably break them, but I think that’s to be expected with most crackers.

My only problem is that Safeway employees at my local Safeway seem to like to stack the boxes pyramid fashion on top of a tall endcap display. As I ’see into the box there’s no way of knowing ahead of time if the box has fallen on the floor and put back. It’s not a happy thing to break into

a box of my favorite crackers and find that every single one of them is already broken in half. This has only happened to me twice, but I still don’t like to chance it. My solution- try to grab boxes from the back of the display and buy two or three just for insurance.

To sum it up, these crackers are very light airy and low calorie and the cracked pepper gives them a nice bite. They’re not very snacky on their own, but they’re delightful when topped with a favorite cheese spread and other gourmet toppings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723041069130830/k2311a0423/4.23.10