Knorr Pasta Sides Cheesy Bacon Macaroni  » Food  »
2.0
  • I was a little disappointed with this Pasta Sides creation
  • I found the bacon bits to be lacking in flavor and thus they pretty much went unnoticed by me as I ate the macaroni side
  • I like macaroni and cheese, so I enjoyed the side to a point

• by CirclingCanvas

I was a little disappointed with this Pasta Sides creation. I found the bacon bits to be lacking in flavor and thus they pretty much went unnoticed by me as I ate the macaroni side. The rich and gooey cheese that coated the macaroni pretty much wiped out what little flavor the bacon bits had to offer and while I am never normally one to complain about cheese being too rich, in this case, I would not have minded if the cheese was a little duller and the bacon bits

a lot more flavorful. What was most noticeable about the bacon bits was that they were crunchy, and I liked that, but again, without any real significant flavor, the bacon bits ultimately contributed very little to my enjoyment of this Pasta Side.

If you take the bacon bits out of the picture, what you are basically left with is a traditional macaroni and cheese dish. I like macaroni and cheese, so I enjoyed the side to a point. See though, I was not planning on having just macaroni and cheese as ...

• a side, so that is why I was disappointed with this creation from Knorr. I liked the cheese flavor as they certainly were generous with the cheese and I also found the elbow macaroni to be enjoyable too. That is why it is such a shame that the bacon bits contributed so little to this dish because had the bacon bits offered a lot of great flavor, then this Pasta Side would be both filling and very flavorful rather than just moderately tasty.

I will not be purchasing this Pasta

Side again because it is basically just macaroni and cheese and I can buy or make macaroni and cheese for less at home, plus add my own bacon bits which are sure to be a lot more enjoyable than what Knorr uses. That is why I am only giving this Pasta Side dish a “4″ rating. As I said, I liked the cheese and the elbow macaroni, but the almost flavorless bacon bits were a big disappointment as they were the reason I tried this Pasta Side in the first place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723041068640830/k2311a0423/4.23.10