Digiorno 12″ Rising Crust Italian Sausage
2.0
  • I was not too impressed with the Italian sausage that came on this frozen pizza
  • The quality of Digiorno pizzas when it comes to the cheese, sauce and dough is definitely high and on par if not higher than that found in a lot of local and national pizza restaurants and chains
  • The cheese is plentiful and delicious, the sauce is flavorful and the crust, I can either have soft and fluffy or crispy depending on just how long I leave the pizza in the oven

• by CirclingCanvas

I was not too impressed with the Italian sausage that came on this frozen pizza. I have to complaints in regards to the sausage: firstly, the amount of sausage topping was on the skimpy side and secondly, the sausage did not have much flavor.

It was just sort of “there”, and it did not enhance the pizza like I expected it to.

What flavor that it did bring to the pizza was quickly overwhelmed and forgotten once the rich cheese topping took over.

From

now on, if I want a sausage pizza, I just purchase the “Four Cheese” version, which is also a part of the Digiorno 12″ Rising Crust line, and a pack of hot ground sausage, cook the sausage and add it after the pizza has been cooking for about thirteen to fifteen minutes.

This way, the sausage cooks into the pizza and boy does it ever taste great! It tastes so much better than the bland sausage used on the Italian Sausage pizza.

Aside from ...

• my complaint regarding the sausage, the rest of the pizza tasted quite good.

The quality of Digiorno pizzas when it comes to the cheese, sauce and dough is definitely high and on par if not higher than that found in a lot of local and national pizza restaurants and chains.

The cheese is plentiful and delicious, the sauce is flavorful and the crust, I can either have soft and fluffy or crispy depending on just how long I leave the pizza in the oven.

Plus, the pizza is twelve inches and that makes for a decent sized pizza.

Of course, if I just wanted a cheese pizza, I would purchase the “Four Cheese” pizza instead.

I purchased this pizza because I was hoping for a tasty sausage pizza, but my hopes were not met and so that is why I am only giving this frozen pizza a “4″ rating.

As a sausage pizza, it just does not deliver in taste or in quantity, in regards to the amount of sausage topping.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723041068610730/k2311a0423/4.23.10