G.I. (Annoyed Grunt)  » TV  »
  • I have been very disappointed with the Simpsons series lately
  • I won't say I agree with the writer's political views but at least they were doing something to draw viewers back

• by Steve
      I have been very disappointed with the Simpsons series lately. Last night’s episode “G.

I.

” did redeem them a little bit.

The episode, which had Homer enlisting in the Army only to be hunted down as part

of a war games exercise, brought the show back to its political satire roots.

It was full of funny jokes that took a crack at our government and it’s policies.

Such as the $50 million exercise ...

• the colonel refused to give up on because America doesn’t admit it’s wrong, “that’s why it’s won more than half of it’s wars.

” I won’t say I agree with the writer’s political views but at least

they were doing something to draw viewers back.

Overall, it still wasn’t as good as many earlier episodes but I do think, if the writers stick with storylines like this one, the show will be around for a few more years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101711106860530/k2311a1117/11.17.06