Dollar Tree Sponge Mop  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • I paid a dollar for a sponge mop at the Dollar Tree and after just a couple weeks of use, the part of the mop that holds the sponge broke off

• by CirclingCanvas

Sometimes, it’s true: you get what you pay for. I paid a dollar for a sponge mop at the Dollar Tree and after just a couple weeks of use, the part of the mop that holds the sponge broke off.

This was the only kind of sponge mop sold at the Dollar Tree and when I examined it, it felt relatively sturdy.

The handle is metal and the wringing level seemed to be tightly attached.

I really do not think that I applied a ridiculous amount of pressure when mopping the floors, after all there was no need as I try to keep the floors relatively clean by sweeping and wiping off the floor with paper towels if something drips or falls.

That is why I was really surprised when the clamps just broke off, leaving me with a mop that could not hold a sponge in place.

Before the mop ...

• broke, it was working okay.

The sponge was indeed ultra absorbent as it was supposed to be and the mop was easy to carry around and use to get underneath such things as tables.

The wringing level effectively made rinsing fast and simple.

It obviously could not hold a candle to more advanced and more expensive mops, like the Swiffer mop, but that was no surprise considering the difference in price.

I will however not

allow the cheap price to lure me back to purchase another one.

Thia was my one and only mop from the Dollar Tree.

Thus, it should be no surprise that I am giving this product a relatively low rating: a “3″.

I liked the sponge and the mop was good and light, but the fact that it ultimately turned out to be incredibly fragile is the reason I will not risk another dollar on another one of these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323041068560730/k2311a0423/4.23.10