Apacer 4gig USB Flash Drive  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • After that period however, it just completely died on me and never worked since

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

This actually seemed like a great piece of convenience, storage hardware at first for me, with its capacity of course as well as the magnetic cap.

For a few months, about three to five I’d say, it worked very well for me and never gave much technical problems.

After that period however, it just completely died on me and never worked since. I have

tried testing it on different machines and all it does is switch the light on continuously, instead of flash many times, as it would usually do, and the systems either don’t read it at all, or they give error messages reading, “USB Device Not Recognized” or “USB Device Has Malfunctioned”.

Of all the USB Flash Drives I have had before, none of them ...

• have ever just completely died like that I cannot help but wonder if it has something to do with the brand name, Apacer, which in all honesty, I had never heard of before I actually bought this particular USB Flash Drive.

Since it was running on USB 2.0 drivers, I had to download relevant drivers for use on older machines. Also, the front

panel USB adapters didn’t read it, in the modern machines, but I attribute that to the capacity of the drive.

It would not be fair of me to say that people should stay away from Apacer USB Flash Drives, based on the failure of only one of their products I have used, but it’s also only natural for me to look for alternatives elsewhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623041068460730/k2311a0423/4.23.10