Wetnwild Eyeshadow Applicators
1.0
  • I liked the low Wetnwild price of 99 cents and I thought it was cool that they were all black
  • First off, I found the length of these applicators to be a problem
  • I like to at least keep one side of the applicator for light colors and the other for darker colors, which is going to be impossible with these applicators
  • Worst of all, I found the applicators to be scratchy and drag uncomfortably on my eye lids
  • With my other applicators I can contour to my heart's content and never experience any discomfort

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I got these eyeshadow applicators to replace the ones that came with various eyeshadow sets that I own. I actually like the ones I have been using, I was just worried that from a hygiene perspective it might be better to change them out every once in a while. I liked the low Wetnwild price of 99 cents and I thought it was cool that they were all black. Also, they had two differently shaped heads which I assumed would be helpful.

Many of the ones that come with my eyeshadow sets have only one pointed end.

First off, I found the length of these applicators to be a problem. I was annoyed to find that they don’t fit in any of my eyeshadow sets except one

that is designed to hold two applicators side by side.

Second, I don’t know why I thought black applicators for eyeshadow would be a plus. It’s not, as I can’t tell how much color I’ve picked up or which colors I’ve picked up previously. I like to at least keep one side of the applicator for light colors and the other for darker colors, which is going to be impossible with these applicators.

Worst of all, I found the applicators to be scratchy and drag uncomfortably on my eye lids. This was most noticeable when I was attempting to use them for contouring. It almost became painful, as I often go over the same area several times when using shadow in the crease of my lid,

• and usually I press harder than if I’m just dusting powder over my whole lid.

With my other applicators I can contour to my heart’s content and never experience any discomfort. Lastly, I found that both the rounded end and the contoured end which is supposed to be for contouring and lining the eyes are sort of clumsy. The rounded end is too long and poufy and the pointed end is still really kind of round.

I don’t see the point in each end being a different shape. It’s annoying more than anything els, because really I can’t use either of them to contour properly.

It says on the back of the package that I can wash these with warm soapy water.

This makes me think of

two things. One, being that the applicators are black, I can’t tell if they’re soiled, which I can’t think is good for personal hygiene. I am thinking it’s best that makeup applicators show soil rather than hide it, otherwise I’m likely to use them for longer than I should.

Second, it occurs to me that I could just wash the ones I already own and already like a lot better, and being that they’re white I would know if I’d done a good job cleaning them and when it was time to clean them. In short, I really shouldn’t have bothered getting these eyeshadow applicators. It wasn’t worth it, even at 99 cents.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122041068121030/k2311a0422/4.22.10