Biore Steam Activated Cleanser (Facial Cleanser)  » Cosmetics  »
  • The first thing I noticed was that the beads are not hard, but very soft and smoothing
  • I have no issue with irritation, and my skin looks and feels great
  • I would recommend Biore Steam Activated Cleanser for anyone with any skin type even dry, sensitive skin

• by Jessie Bahrey

I saw an advertisement for a facial cleanser which uses steam, presumably from your shower, to deep clean after the pores are opened. I didn’t know what brand it was until my friend saw it too and told me it was made by Biore, but she didn’t know what it was called. I wrote it down on my list of items to look for when I went on my semi-annual shopping trip to the United States last month. I ended up finding it when I looked through the Biore section of the drugstore I was in; it was called Biore Steam Activated Cleanser, in a pump bottle. The package said that it

was oil-free, and that it contained Steam Activ beads which are supposed to burst in the steam created by the shower and clean deep down. I normally wouldn’t purchase a product like this, because I have a lot of issues with facial cleansers making my dry, sensitive skin even dryer, but it was only $10.99 in the States. I also really liked the idea of using it in the shower, because I often save time in the morning by washing my face in the shower.

When I returned home from my shopping trip, I tried out the Steam Activated Cleanser in my first shower. I have used shower gels before that have beads ...

• or granules that are difficult to rinse off, and I was also worried about the drying effect this might have. The first thing I noticed was that the beads are not hard, but very soft and smoothing. Secondly, there is a pleasant but not overpowering minty scent. I smoothed it on my face, used circular motions to clean it with my fingers, and then rinsed. It rinsed off easily and did not make my face feel tight, even after drying off. I was quite surprised that it didn’t make my face tight and dry, and I didn’t have to use more or deeper moisturizer. Even after several days, my sensitive, dry skin
        was smooth and soft. The one thing I did notice within the first week was that the patches of my skin that are a bit oily became much less so, and my breakouts became less frequent and severe. This has continued for several weeks, even around the time of the month when I get oily breakouts. I have no issue with irritation, and my skin looks and feels great.

I would recommend Biore Steam Activated Cleanser for anyone with any skin type even dry, sensitive skin. People who usually wash their faces in the shower will love this product and those who have breakouts will also appreciate the deep cleaning and oil-free formula.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122041067420530/k2311a0422/4.22.10