Rally Cockpit Spray and Dash Protector  » Cars  »
0.5
  • It is manufactured by SC Johnson and I thought that since it comes from a very reputable company, it could actually help me in cleaning the cockpit of my car
  • This product comes in a spray and is definitely easy to use just by taking a cloth and spraying a small amount of it directly unto a clean fabric
  • This is a product which I judge to be so tame and gentle that I believe it has no cleaning properties at all
  • The smell is really good and I think that this product should have been named as a cockpit spray freshener (lavender scent) instead of a cleaner or protector

• by bethbarl

In an effort to restore the interior trim of my vehicle, I purchased this Rally Cockpit Spray and Dash Protector. It is manufactured by SC Johnson and I thought that since it comes from a very reputable company, it could actually help me in cleaning the cockpit of my car. For the price of Pulas 35 or $5 , it was affordable and I thought that there would be no harm in trying.

This product comes in a spray and is definitely easy to use just by taking a cloth and spraying a small amount of it directly unto a clean fabric. The foam comes out nicely from the nozzle and I really did not get any problems using the product. I find the scent nice and even if I had come into contact with the foam itself,

I had no negative reactions to it. This is a product which I judge to be so tame and gentle that I believe it has no cleaning properties at all. The label on the can does not also indicate which composition it has to support its claims of cleaning, protecting and the restoring the finish of the cockpit.

On the contrary, the product does not actually clean the car’s cockpit nor anywhere in the interior of the vehicle as it is supposed to. Granted that the car is partially clean (which it definitely is not), I would have seen at least dirt on the cloth. But, there is nothing. I have used nearly half of the can, scrubbing and rubbing like mad on the interiors, the vinyl trim but I see no results.

Therefore, in terms of ...

• performance, this product is not quite effective. And, if it does not even succeed to get the dirt away on the dashboard or the stubborn layer of dust which has accumulated through years of being exposed to the elements, then I see no reason how it could actually restore the original condition of the cockpit (nearly impossible) or at least improve it to a better state than before.

It is also supposed to protect the interior finishing of a car but to my mind, if there is no cleaning achieved then, it is not going to go further than providing a scented smell in the interior of any vehicle. The smell is really good and I think that this product should have been named as a cockpit spray freshener (lavender scent) instead of a cleaner or

protector. It also claims to contain an anti-static formula but I have not yet tested the authenticity of this feature but will soon as the atmosphere gets drier and drier.

I will not be buying this product again in the future and I think that this is a very poor value product. It does not help me in achieving the cleaning results I want and apart from its nice scent, this product has nothing going for it – does not clean, protect nor condition interior rubber and vinyl. This is not the first Rally product I have tried but turns out to be my worst disappointment. I do not mind paying more for a product which will actually work. In this case, I lost my money and got nothing in return apart from changing the odor in my car.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 922041067360530/k2311a0422/4.22.10