Salon Pro Exclusive Extreme Hold Lace Wig Bond
0.5
  • I love the way that the hair pieces look, and the lace in the front gives me the versatility of parting the wig however I choose to make it look more natural
  • However, I soon learned that while this method is very convenient, it does not provide as much security as I would like
  • I decided to use it with my favorite wig that I had purchased prior since I planned on wearing it for a more extended period of time
  • My biggest problem was the fact that this product burned my forehead
  • I thought that it would be relatively easy applying this but the glue was trying to run everywhere and some of it ended up on my shirt

• by Simply_Fabulous

I have recently started to wear synthetic lace front wigs. I love the way that the hair pieces look, and the lace in the front gives me the versatility of parting the wig however I choose to make it look more natural. When I first started wearing these wigs, I preferred to use the application method of the adjustable band and the combs inside the wig. However, I soon learned that while this method is very convenient, it does not provide as much security as I would like. I recently purchased a synthetic front lace wig from Ebay and received this wig glue as a gift with the purchase. I decided to use it with my favorite wig that I had purchased prior since I planned on wearing it

for a more extended period of time.

This product reminds me of nail glues that have the brush wand applicators. According to the directions that come with the product, users are supposed to clean the forehead area in front of the hairline with alcohol so that the hairpiece and the adhesive would bond better together. I followed this direction and I also made sure to brush small strokes of the glue in the direction that the package stated, and I still had problems with it gluing. My biggest problem was the fact that this product burned my forehead. I knew it was this product because I have not used anything in that area of my face. It was very painful and brief stinging sensation. This glue has ...

• a very strong acrylic smell to it which also made my experience unpleasant. I thought that it would be relatively easy applying this but the glue was trying to run everywhere and some of it ended up on my shirt.

The effectiveness of the product is even worse. The directions state to wait a few minutes before pressing down the edges of the front lace so that the glue can become sticky and have a better hold. When I first opened the glue, it was very sticky and I had strings of glue all over my clothes. However, I still decided to follow the directions and wait for about three minutes. I could feel that there was some type of bond when I first applied the front lace. It

really did feel like it was glued down very securely. I waited a few more minutes before I started styling the hairpiece (as the directions stated), and my wig started moving and coming off. I continued to reset it and press the wig down but it did not work. I even applied more glue and it still did not work. Finally, I used the adhesive remover to remove all of the glue and retried the process and I still was unsuccessful. The glue stayed everywhere but underneath my wig, leaving me with glue everywhere.

I will never use this product again, and I rate it a 1 out of 10. Not only did it burn my skin, but it also did a horrible job of securing my wig.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122041067190430/k2311a0422/4.22.10